SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Miami

stoneySIOUX

Very very important weekend after splitting with Omaha and before heading to Duluth. With the goal of a #1 seed / conference championship, splits on consecutive weekends against below average opponents would be less than ideal starting the second half.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The team is facing their first real adversity this season. This will test their character and depth. I think they will be up to the task.

I think I agree, but this is pretty funny.

We're 3-1-0 in 2020, ranked No. 1a in the polls, No. 2 in the PWR and the game we lost, we doubled the team in shots, allowing just 13.

We got spoiled in the first half if this four-game stretch is to be considered adversity :D

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

We're 3-1-0 in 2020, ranked No. 1a in the polls, No. 2 in the PWR and the game we lost, we doubled the team in shots, allowing just 13.

We got spoiled in the first half if this four-game stretch is to be considered adversity :D

So true when you compare the silver linings I was searching for last year.

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I guess I was referring to the injuries at defense and Pinto's suspension.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

3-1-0 in 2020?  I get it but two of those games were against the last placed team in the pairwise haha 

In some ways the start to this year is similar to the first half of the season. They found ways to win, unlike last season when they found ways to lose. But they have not played as well as in the first half. The Friday game against UAH was in doubt until about 3 minutes left in the game. The Saturday game was in doubt until the third period. Last Saturday's win could have easily gone south if not for 3 (or 4) pipes that Omaha hit. So chalk it up to the mystical puck luck?

13 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

3-1-0 in 2020?  I get it but two of those games were against the last placed team in the pairwise haha 

I get it and I agree, but wins are wins are wins, right? Either way, I'm noting that even our bumps are smooth compared to the past couple of seasons!

13 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Nothing like a road trip to get the group back on track.  Key guy for the weekend in my book will be Scheel.  Never easy on the road in the NCHC and with some dinged up d men he could get tested a bit more than usual.  

Let's just not see any goals scored .6 INTO the game and I think the boys will be just fine!

21 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Didn't hear about Pooly. What happened to him?

Poolman didn't make trip..... neither did Yon. JBD made trip but availability questionable. My guess is Rieger is the extra skater if JBD dresses. CJ earned himself a spot on the 4th line after last weekend.

Miami is not a good hockey team. If pre-Christmas Scheel shows up it's a sweep. If post-Christmas Scheel shows up it's a split.