SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

1 hour ago, crb1 said:

And yet DU retains the 4 spot in pair wise. What’s up with that. 

It's a pretty massive jump to the top 3 teams in RPI to #4 Denver.  Pretty crazy.

1 Cornell .7196
2 Mankato .6697
3 UND .6609
4 Denver .5850

Then there's a pile of teams in the .55xx to .58xx.  Those top three teams are quite a bit up from the rest of the field right now.
Will be interesting to see where Cornell goes when they get their first loss.  Harvard was in top 5 when they were 6-0...now they've lost their last 3 games and are down to #21 in PWR.

6 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

Thanks for the link to ASU-Denver.

What a crap arena for ASU! ceiling so low you cant dump pucks.  Looks like <1000 fans possible.

And agree that this must be a Denver shame-fest. Wow 4-1 final.

I went down to ASU for a series last December at Oceanside Arena. The place is a total dump. I’ve seen high school arenas better than that. The great irony is that it’s named Oceanside Arena. 

That said, it should be mentioned, that they’re building a 5,000 seat arena on campus.

9 hours ago, George M. Bluth said:

ASU-Denver looks like the VFW basement of college hockey rinks. 

5A110A50-888C-43B3-8DEB-7BD2CFBBC049.png

I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and the steel beams and ceiling look like they are covered with mold or dirt.  Absolutely filthy looking place, a biological hazard.

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They’re prepared for the great California earthquake with that name. 

Wasn’t there a Superman movie where Lex Luther was buying up land in the desert so that he could blow up the California coast and then have brand new oceanfront property? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Siouxman said:

I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and the steel beams and ceiling look like they are covered with mold or dirt.  Absolutely filthy looking place, a biological hazard.

I watched it too and good luck trying to even see goals scored as the camera is panned way out and far away from the goal area. It reminded me of a high school or junior high production.

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

They play at 4 today if I remember right.

DU and ASU tied at. 0 after 1.    Tonight’s game is at Gila River Arena.   Decent crowd for a startup program .  Other than a DU PP with some good chances, pretty even and played around the edges.   ASU is physical and pretty fast.   Question is whether DU skill guys show up.  

16 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

DU and ASU tied at. 0 after 1.    Tonight’s game is at Gila River Arena.   Decent crowd for a startup program .  Other than a DU PP with some good chances, pretty even and played around the edges.   ASU is physical and pretty fast.   Question is whether DU skill guys show up.  

Looks the feed is not free tonight.

Dartmouth beats Cornell 2-1

Colgate beats Harvard 4-3

Yale beats Union 2-0

UConn beats Vermont 7-4

Providence beats Lowell 4-1

Merrimack beats UNH 4-2

BU beats Northeastern 6-3

UMass beats Maine 4-1

Michigan Tech beats UAA 4-1

Clarkson beats St. Lawrence 3-1

Alaska beats Bemidji 5-3

Mankato beats LSSU 2-0

UAH and BGSU tied 2-2 OT

St. Cloud beats Miami 5-3

Duluth leads Omaha 3-1

Michigan State beats Wisconsin 5-4 OT

Penn State beats Michigan 3-1

Ohio State and Minnesota tied 1-1

Arizona State and Denver tied 2-2 OT

Colorado College beats Princeton 2-1 OT

12 minutes ago, cberkas said:

UNH beats Merrimack 5-2

Schools that I would enjoy seeing make a return to the upper echelon of the college hockey landscape:

3)  UNH.  The Wildcats have a storied history and have just never been able to get over the hump.  The last few years of the Dick Umile regime were rather painful to watch.  Let’s hope things are on the upside soon.

2)  Lake Superior State.  The glory days of 1988, 1992, and 1994 are a long ways back in the rear-view mirror.  It would be nice to see this school make a comeback sometime soon.  Those jerseys, too, with the anchor on them...beautiful.  

1)  Maine.  Oh, man, Paul Kariya has been gone a long time and this school really missed the boat on hiring his teammate Jim Montgomery as head coach when the opportunity was theirs for the taking.  The Black Bears simply need to return to being a top tier program - and the sooner, the better.

• Upvote 1