SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2019-20

cberkas

24 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Some are not happy with Motzko in Gopher land.

The only thing I can say to Motzko’s defense is, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken doo doo.

If I’m not mistaken, during Lucia’s first couple of years at the helm of Minnesota, he didn’t get them into the tournament either. Motzko is understandably going to be given time by the decision makers to right the ship. 

• Like 1

Trolling on GPL, fans are still lamenting the big change in college hockey. 

Why has it been difficult to cultivate a hated rivalry between the Gophers and, say, a team like Penn State? (Whereas you have UND and Denver which are also geographically far apart but that rivalry as we all know is off the charts). -I believe a large part of what’s missing in the B1G is time and history. A rivalry between Minnesota and Penn State, Ohio State or Notre Dame will require them to play and beat one another in games with a lot on the line to help cultivate and develop what Gopher fans miss so much of the good ole days in the WCHA.

As an aside, some over there were talking about some sort of super western conference, intermingling the NCHC and the B1G. Screw that, any reason for the B1G wanting to do anything is going to be self-serving and not likely in the best interests of anyone outside their conference. The longer the NCHC has national success (or, conversely, the longer the B1G doesn’t have national success), the more desperate and radical the proposed ideas are going to come (remember Lucia’s age limit idea?). 

14 hours ago, cberkas said:

Some are not happy with Motzko in Gopher land.

Interesting Motzko is getting ripped. As bad as it seemed Gopher fans wanted Lucia out, all of his guys seemed to carry Minnesota down the stretch last year when it looked like things were going in the right direction. Especially on the powerplay.

It seemed the consensus among Gopher fans was to build of the strong finish last year(even though it ultimately ended in missing the tourney), make the tourney this year, and get ready to make a run next year. Not looking so good for making the tourney this year.......

4 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Wisconsin Freshman stats:

Cole Caufield:      9-6--15
Alex Turcotte:      6-9--15
Owen Lindmark:  4-6--10
Dylan Holloway:   2-4--6
Ryder Donovan:   0-1--1
Mike Vorlicky:      0-1--1

Vorlicky is the only defensemen.

I wonder if both Caufield and Turcotte will be one-and-done?

txg4j8f2_bigger.jpg Tech Hockey Guide @TechHockeyGuide
Follow Follow @TechHockeyGuide
More
EJwU8i9X0AAHi4I.png
3 replies 7 retweets 12 likes
Retweet

Tech Hockey Guide Retweeted

Justin Bradford Retweeted Tech Hockey Guide

I received further confirmation from UAH about the filing and that they did so to be proactive about options for the future. Can be rescinded at any time, but they want to make sure they have their options open for 2021-22.