SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs talk

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

Maybe he should get the Kadri treatment and be done for the rest of the second round.

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Paging @Goon for his defense of Marchand...

HA...not defending giving a guy a knock from behind when he's down on his knees.....but are you serious about suspending him for the rest of the second round for that?!?!!?!! LOL!!!

22 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

HA...not defending giving a guy a knock from behind when he's down on his knees.....but are you serious about suspending him for the rest of the second round for that?!?!!?!! LOL!!!

The Rat just needs a good ol’ ass whoopin 

45 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Punch.
Contact to the head. <--- there're the trigger words 
Opponent in defenseless position (can't see it coming). 
Reputation. 
History. 

The rest of the round is four games.
A case could be made. 

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Punch.
Contact to the head. <--- there're the trigger words 
Opponent in defenseless position (can't see it coming). 
Reputation. 
History. 

The rest of the round is four games.
A case could be made. 

Marchand has gotten a lot better at staying away from the cheap stuff lately, and then he goes and does something dumb like this.  It's going to get people talking and bring up all the BS he's done in the past, and he's definitely not going to get any benefit of the doubt on any marginal calls......but not even close to a suspension for this.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ray77 said:

"knock from behind"?  Be better.  That was a nice elbow to the back of the head.  Should he be given a pass because he didn't skate over afterwards and lick the guy's face?  Marchand's shtick has been stale for a while.  Like Sean Avery stale.  

49 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

"knock from behind"?  Be better.  That was a nice elbow to the back of the head.  Should he be given a pass because he didn't skate over afterwards and lick the guy's face?  Marchand's shtick has been stale for a while.  Like Sean Avery stale.  

Wasn't an elbow, it was a punch - not sure if that's better or worse.....or if it makes no difference?  I've watched it multiple times and it's probably worse than what I thought when I first saw it.  Again, not defending it at all because I don't like that &#33;@#&#036;, but not suspension worthy.

And I'd argue that Marchand's schtick isn't even close to Avery...Marchand has curtailed much of his BS (and needs to continue to do so) and he can play, whereas Avery...not so much.

5 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

Wasn't an elbow, it was a punch - not sure if that's better or worse.....or if it makes no difference?  I've watched it multiple times and it's probably worse than what I thought when I first saw it.  Again, not defending it at all because I don't like that &#33;@#&#036;, but not suspension worthy.

And I'd argue that Marchand's schtick isn't even close to Avery...Marchand has curtailed much of his BS (and needs to continue to do so) and he can play, whereas Avery...not so much.

Yea, I watched again and he obviously punches with his gloved fist as opposed to kind of chicken-winging him.  1 game suspension.  

51 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yea, I watched again and he obviously punches with his gloved fist as opposed to kind of chicken-winging him.  1 game suspension.  

If that was Tom Wilson surely there'd be calls for ... 

tumblr_mjvwsaGfs71qedb29o1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Ray77 said:

That punch happens over and over again during the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the fact that it's Marchand, we're now offended by it. 

1 hour ago, Goon said:

That punch happens over and over again during the Stanley Cup Playoffs and the fact that it's Marchand, we're now offended by it. 

Goon, with all due respect...

YOU’VE LOST YOUR DAMN MIND!

• Upvote 2