SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2018-19

MoSiouxFan

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Ray77 said:

1. Central
8. Everyone else

I realize this is about ND HS hockey but just for fun, where would EGF fit in there? I'm no great HS hockey mind by any means but my guess is 2, 3 or 4?  Are they about on par with Davies and RR this season but well behind GFC? 

7 hours ago, GDPritch said:

I realize this is about ND HS hockey but just for fun, where would EGF fit in there? I'm no great HS hockey mind by any means but my guess is 2, 3 or 4?  Are they about on par with Davies and RR this season but well behind GFC? 

I'd guess EGF would be a solid number 2. They already played Red River and pretty well controlled the game. They won 4-0 and the shots were like 30-15.

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

I'd guess EGF would be a solid number 2. They already played Red River and pretty well controlled the game. They won 4-0 and the shots were like 30-15.

Ahh, that's right.  Forgot about that.  Yah, pretty good win although it could be closer if they're scheduled to meet up later again in the season.  Man, GFC putting up some big numbers.  

2 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Ogie, I could be wrong but I believe Jamestown made state last year? Lost to BHS in the 5th place game.

They did. They won’t be there this year. Be surprised if they win 5 games. Watched them play Devils Lake and Grafton. Both losses and neither of those 2 teams looked good either. 

It was nice that GFC laid up and just kicked the fieldgoal after they were up by 2 touchdowns on WFS.... no need to rub it in..... 17-0 is a bit more palatable than going for that final TD.

Im not really sure how to make the details work for 2 tiered NDHS hockey... and or how tobbeat and fairly handle High schools adding a team and trying to compete with severely diluted talent pools but i hope something can be done to help everyone enjoy competative balance

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It was nice that GFC laid up and just kicked the fieldgoal after they were up by 2 touchdowns on WFS.... no need to rub it in..... 17-0 is a bit more palatable than going for that final TD.

Im not really sure how to make the details work for 2 tiered NDHS hockey... and or how tobbeat and fairly handle High schools adding a team and trying to compete with severely diluted talent pools but i hope something can be done to help everyone enjoy competative balance

I know not a lot of posters here could give 2 craps about high school girls hockey but it’s even more lopsided as far as top teams and bottom feeders go. Jamestown now may go the U19 route to be more competitive. I mean when Bismarck and GF(although they haven’t been good for awhile) have one team the smaller schools have no way to compete with them. Bismarck will more than likely win it all again. 

Word around gf hockey circles is gfc knee it would be lopsided with Sheyenne. They asked Sheyenne to play one game for 6 points like the old whap breck matchup was so gfc could schedule delano as they also played in egf the day after Orono did. 

Sheyanne said no so gf Might have sent a message from what I understand as they want two games

10 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

I know not a lot of posters here could give 2 craps about high school girls hockey but it’s even more lopsided as far as top teams and bottom feeders go. Jamestown now may go the U19 route to be more competitive. I mean when Bismarck and GF(although they haven’t been good for awhile) have one team the smaller schools have no way to compete with them. Bismarck will more than likely win it all again

dont have a girl but a huge supporter of growth of girls hockey. So if a city like Bismarck is forced to have 2 teams... there is literally not enough girls to field 2 teams.... so what is that solution....

kill off both Bis teams to ensure jamestown can compete?..... That is a situation in which "growing the game actually doesnt grow the game".....

plus the question of where the heck another team is going to find ice... 

1 minute ago, gfhockey said:

Word around gf hockey circles is gfc knee it would be lopsided with Sheyenne. They asked Sheyenne to play one game for 6 points like the old whap breck matchup was so gfc could schedule delano as they also played in egf the day after Orono did. 

Sheyanne said no so gf Might have sent a message from what I understand as they want two games

Message recieved???..... I wonder..... 

Im not tuned in to the WF situation as to talent or split or how that is shaking out but that is a shytkickin

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Message recieved???..... I wonder..... 

Im not tuned in to the WF situation as to talent or split or how that is shaking out but that is a shytkickin

What does anyone get out of that game after the first period?

6 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

What does anyone get out of that game after the first period?

Think thats the point that is trying to be made.... Believe Bismarck sent a similar message to H/B a few years ago....

Seems there was much more outrage directed at Bis Coach when he did it. 

28 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

dont have a girl but a huge supporter of growth of girls hockey. So if a city like Bismarck is forced to have 2 teams... there is literally not enough girls to field 2 teams.... so what is that solution....

kill off both Bis teams to ensure jamestown can compete?..... That is a situation in which "growing the game actually doesnt grow the game".....

plus the question of where the heck another team is going to find ice... 

Been informed by many folks in Bismarck that there is plenty of girls to field 2 teams. Like the boys a 2 Tier league would be much better. Bring in the U19 teams and form a lower tier. Just my opinion but seeing these 10 plus to nothing scores helps nobody. 

I guess the more times you play a team the better chance you have to beat them...haven't watched ND High School Hockey in a while but still seems the Grand Forks schools are still the benchmark.  If Central is the best than kudos to them for destroying everyone in their path.  I enjoy excellence in sports; not a bandwagon guy but you have to appreciate 'Bama football, UConn womens basketball, Duke men's hoops, etc.

8 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Think thats the point that is trying to be made.... Believe Bismarck sent a similar message to H/B a few years ago....

Seems there was much more outrage directed at Bis Coach when he did it. 

I also believe that game got into the mid 20s though. 

Also on the egf question, I think they would be a solid #2 slightly in front of Davies. They’ll get toyed with by GFC twice this year though. 

GFC is a legit top 10 ANY MN team this season at worst. ND hockey is climbing the ranks overall but GFC is making it seem like a different story. They’re just on a whole different level which makes it hard to gauge. 

16 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I also believe that game got into the mid 20s though. 

Also on the egf question, I think they would be a solid #2 slightly in front of Davies. They’ll get toyed with by GFC twice this year though. 

GFC is a legit top 10 ANY MN team this season at worst. ND hockey is climbing the ranks overall but GFC is making it seem like a different story. They’re just on a whole different level which makes it hard to gauge. 

You sure about that? How many D1 commits do they have?

9 hours ago, Cratter said:

How did Central get so good?

Could be back to back perfect seasons.

There aren’t very many good programs in nd.  And... gf schools have lost a decent amount of players to juniors and other programs (shattuck, Sioux Falls power, etc)

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

You sure about that? How many D1 commits do they have?

Well Grand Forks Bantams did finish ranked in top 2 the last 2 seasons for Minnesota Bantams...I realize that includes Red River and Central but I believe a good majority of the kids on the AA team we're from GFC

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

Well Grand Forks Bantams did finish ranked in top 2 the last 2 seasons for Minnesota Bantams...I realize that includes Red River and Central but I believe a good majority of the kids on the AA team we're from GFC

And they’re ranked up there again. 3rd or 4th season in a row. 

6 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

There aren’t very many good programs in gf.  And... gf schools have lost a decent amount of players to juniors and other programs (shattuck, Sioux Falls power, etc)

Wait, what? 

For a town is 60,000 people I’d argue they’ve produced the most per capita than anyone else in the country. Individuals and teams.