SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ UC Davis

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

The university is trying so hard to improve the game day experience snd unfortunately they have to work with this. All the hype and momentum they had going from last year coupled with the reinvestment of the game day experience has had the life sucked out of it the last three weeks. I hope people will keep going to the games but I have a feeling that won’t be the case if they continue to play poorly.

I am not pointing my finger at anyone but it all starts with coaching and recruiting. 

It seems to me, and I could be wrong, but the last few years we have had a fair number of players get injuried in preseason or practice and it’s seems to be some of our most impactful players. 

Bubba and co need to get things figured out quickly or all the goodwill will turn very quickly on this coaching staff. 

These are all coaching issues.  The president is obviously very invested in athletics and moving UND up to being a true D1 flagship university.  The room for error for Bubba and co will be less than it was not very long ago.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

Here's a list of the RS Freshmen and true Freshmen who played way too much so far this year on D.

Blubaugh, Shannon, Rastas and Stewart are true frosh.

Turner, Haas, Steiger and Richman have been playing a lot as RS frosh. All are getting their first taste of game action. Is there an adjustment period? I would guess so. The true frosh are not allowed to make that adjustment slowly and have been tossed in the fire.

Not gonna remind all about who these guys are trying to replace, but 2 of them are legit pro prospects.

I'm a guy who spent a couple of years seeking Haks firing over on the hockey thread so I'm not immune to banging that drum, but this year is an aberration. IF they don't put it together next year, I may not be so patient.

Rastas is a rs. Stewart is a juco jr.

UND faired reasonably well against 4-0 Utah, ( would have been better if UND had an OC) and beat up crap team Missouri st in the same comparison to what ndsu did....actually UND made it look easier.  Then the wheels fell off with the dizzying amount of injuries and Rudolph is still here 

33 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

injuries. 

( everyone else was saying it, I didn't want to feel left out)

People that minimize the impact of the injuries we have aren't being fair to Bubba and the program.  Yes, some of the Bubba recruits are over matched.   They are the younger players on the team and don't necessarily have the experience or the physical size to compete at this level yet.   It also takes some success before you can get enough recruits that are at the the level of you want.   That is where I think this year will hurt us since we won't be as attractive to the HS players we want.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

UND faired reasonably well against 4-0 Utah, ( would have been better if UND had an OC) and beat up crap team Missouri st in the same comparison to what ndsu did....

I'm tired of the measuring stick being keeping Utah within 50 and how this team beats bad teams by as much if not more than NDSU.  

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

People that minimize the impact of the injuries we have aren't being fair to Bubba and the program.  Yes, some of the Bubba recruits are over matched.   They are the younger players on the team and don't necessarily have the experience or the physical size to compete at this level yet.   It also takes some success before you can get enough recruits that are at the the level of you want.   That is where I think this year will hurt us since we won't be as attractive to the HS players we want.

I'm not minimizing anything.  I read the entire thread and think I said the word injuries in my head about 6000 times.  

12 hours ago, Cratter said:

Statistically speaking this isnt a one in a 100 year injury bug. Its one out of four. With about one out of four also being nearly "injury free."

You don't have 13 starters out at the same time every 4 years, this is not a 1 in 4 situation. I'd venture to guess that since I started watching UND football in the early 90's.....we've never had 13 starters out at the same time, but no I'm not going to go check and verify that.

9 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I'm tired of the measuring stick being keeping Utah within 50 and how this team beats bad teams by as much if not more than NDSU.  

Measuring stick as to what the injuries have done.   UND didn't lose to Utah by 50 ....they were an int away from having it be a one score game in the fourth qtr.  mont st and UC Davis are not better then Utah... yet those two teams handed UND an ass whooping. 

13 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

13 of 22 starters on the shelf with injuries/illness and you think they shouldn't miss a beat. Not in this or any other lifetime. This is like trying to beat a high school varsity team with a bunch of JV replacements. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Just chalk this up as a lost season and look forward to next year. That is what I am doing. I still plan on being at Homecoming.

Where and when did  I say we shouldn't miss a beat? Again I understand not being able to win games or even coming close against tough teams. When were not competing against low level teams. This worries me about the future. You're right it's a lost season, I'm still a fan and will watch every game. It worries me about the future. We've got huge holes on D to fill and I wonder how we're going to fill them. I  actually like the future of this offense. I like the improvements on the oline and I'm optimistic on the QB, RB, WR and TE situations for next year. Our D I'm not as optimistic. We get Harris back next year but what else? Larson at MLB, after that.....

3 minutes ago, bang said:

Where and when did  I say we shouldn't miss a beat? Again I understand not being able to win games or even coming close against tough teams. When were not competing against low level teams. This worries me about the future. You're right it's a lost season, I'm still a fan and will watch every game. It worries me about the future. We've got huge holes on D to fill and I wonder how we're going to fill them. I  actually like the future of this offense. I like the improvements on the oline and I'm optimistic on the QB, RB, WR and TE situations for next year. Our D I'm not as optimistic. We get Harris back next year but what else? Larson at MLB, after that.....

Dre Randolph, Donnell Rogers, Zeke Ott, Jalen Morrison should be ready, Mason Bennett may not be done for the year, but should be better next year and add pounds to Rastas, Blubaugh and others and I think it's a solid looking D. Just the 2 you mentioned make a big difference. Harris takes away one side of the field. Larson hopefully clogs the middle. I like the D next year.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our team is trash right now. Our guys are injured. We're being out coached. We're being out desired/efforted/hearted/passioned/leadershipped. I want to see the coaches innovate to put us in a position to compete. I want to see the players look pissed instead of disheveled.

I hate to agree with someone that calls UND trash but I do agree. I feel like Bluto needs to come into the locker room make a speech about the Germans and Pearl Harbor. Screw these guys let's cause some damage make some plays and more importantly play hard. Neidermeyer DEAD! 

2 minutes ago, shep said:

Dre Randolph, Donnell Rogers, Zeke Ott, Jalen Morrison should be ready, Mason Bennett may not be done for the year, but should be better next year and add pounds to Rastas, Blubaugh and others and I think it's a solid looking D. Just the 2 you mentioned make a big difference. Harris takes away one side of the field. Larson hopefully clogs the middle. I like the D next year.

I hope your right. Our list combined doesn't include a lot of proven players at the FCS level. 

37 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Measuring stick as to what the injuries have done.   UND didn't lose to Utah by 50 ....they were an int away from having it be a one score game in the fourth qtr.  mont st and UC Davis are not better then Utah... yet those two teams handed UND an ass whooping. 

Yep, and if they could have gotten a couple of pick-6's and a QB sack/strip/fumble recovery returned for a TD, they might have won!  

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Yep, and if they could have gotten a couple of pick-6's and a QB sack/strip/fumble recovery returned for a TD, they would have won!  

Or, at the Utah half time, coach could of sold the players raffle tickets for a hockey jersey, then told them, don't slip in the second half, play like hell, kick some a$$, because lots of injuries are coming.

1 hour ago, mooncountry said:

They way you think bubba needs more time and 3 years isn't enough time to build depth could lead me to believe you don't have the programs best interest at heart either... but I digress. 

My standards are way higher than most on this board save UND-FB-Fan and geauxsioux. Sick of the excuses...

Your standards are way higher than most of us? Yes, because all the posters here have been celebrating how bad this season has gone thereby proving our low standards.

We just aren't ready to shitcan Bubba and everyone else based on an historic season of injuries.

So with your high standards you'd fire all of them, and in a couple years when things aren't going as well as you'd like, fire the new coach you just hired right? That proves you have high standards.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm frustrated and concerned and if Cole and Deion were out there and Rodgers and others as well, I'd be even more concerned and frustrated.

I don't get the whole "passion" thing. These kids are walking around with wide eyes trying to comprehend what to do and how to do it; right now they're more concerned about how to play than to play with "passion."

If a race car had a flat tire and was being passed by all the other cars, fans around here would say that can't be an excuse and the driver should be fired for not trying harder.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2