SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ UC Davis

geaux_sioux

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Go down to Memorial Stadium next week and tell them that......to their face. How do you know they are "packing it in"? Everything that can go wrong this season has gone wrong. If you think regime change is the answer, you are mistaken.

I'm not calling for a regime change; someone - not necessarily you - has obviously misinterpreted what I've been saying. Yes, it's nice to believe this coaching staff is great and the unfortunate injury situation explains it all; however, I'm not convinced that is the case. I think things are not as bad as they seem nor as good as some make it out to be with the injuries.'

The injuries have hurt, but UND shouldn't be a joke at their backup spots and be playing so poorly that their performances are unbearable to watch. 

3 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

You need to stop sniffing french fry oil.  Have some respect!  UN_ has done nothing in there D1   era  to make a comment like this...  just watch... we have been... UN_ stinks!  Here I will make it simple for you.  One playoff loss... countless blowout losses.  

Get lost troll. Go back to Bisonville where you belong. :angry:

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I'm not calling for a regime change; someone - not necessarily you - has obviously misinterpreted what I've been saying. Yes, it's nice to believe this coaching staff is great and the unfortunate injury situation explains it all; however, I'm not convinced that is the case. I think things are not as bad as they seem nor as good as some make it out to be with the injuries.'

The injuries have hurt, but UND shouldn't be a joke at their backup spots and be playing so poorly that their performances are unbearable to watch. 

Bubba has had three full recruiting classes (I won't count his first one, as he started in December). When you consider he inherited next to nothing from Mussman's failed regime, it is going to take longer to build the kind of depth you need to compete at the highest levels of FCS. Even if we had that kind of depth, it would be hard to win games this season. 13 out of 22 starters on the shelf is not some minor problem you can solve by putting in warm bodies to replace them. That is reality, as painful as it is for me to admit.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Go down to Memorial Stadium next week and tell them that......to their face. How do you know they are "packing it in"? Everything that can go wrong this season has gone wrong. If you think regime change is the answer, you are mistaken.

I could've gone down to Memorial and said that to Mussman's 2013 squad and still got punched in the face. Thus, your point is meaningless. Of course Bubba and his players should be defensive to criticism, but the proof is in the pudding. 2017 UND football is currently a joke. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, mooncountry said:

Yep and a quick playoff exit. Tell me why they were so good last year. Who'd UND beat? 

So we should give the title back? We won the games on our schedule. Nuff said. And yes the playoff meltdown was disappointing, but they earned it fair and square. Our day will come. Whether you like it or not.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I could've gone down to Memorial and said that to Mussman's 2013 squad and still got punched in the face. This, your point is meaningless. Of course Bubba and his players should be defensive to criticism, but the proof is in the pudding. 2017 UND football is currently a joke. 

But the joke can be explained.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Longtime fan said:

To those of you that think that UND is just bad!    Why?    I've mentioned injuries onj D and Rudolph.   Can anyone come up with a different reason?  

People have all over this forum. On top of the injuries and Rudolf its other Coaching, not playing with aggression or heart, hell even some guy said partying too much. You got any other reasons?? Or you fishing for a comment that you don't wanna say?

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I could've gone down to Memorial and said that to Mussman's 2013 squad and still got punched in the face. Thus, your point is meaningless. Of course Bubba and his players should be defensive to criticism, but the proof is in the pudding. 2017 UND football is currently a joke. 

Mussman's 2013 squad wasn't missing 13 out of 22 starters on both sides of the ball (more so on defense, obviously). And their antics on the sideline were embarrassing. You are comparing apples and oranges. Nice spin though.

Just now, mooncountry said:

I agree. They can't change the cards dealt. But that's not the point. My opinion is they just weren't that good to start with...

Last year was a surprise to everyone, including myself. A pleasant surprise. We'll never know what could have been with this year's team, which is very disappointing.

4 minutes ago, shep said:

But the joke can be explained.

Injuries. Got it. Sam Bradford is hurt for the Vikings; I'll take your advice and not tune in tomorrow. Same with UND football; since they have injuries - which have ALWAYS been apart of football - we should all just accept loses (horrible ones, at that). Next man up and no excuses is the way any true winner goes about it. I'm not going to give in to these ignorant stances that some have come up with just to bear the current disaster.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Get lost troll. Go back to Bisonville where you belong. :angry:

Just commenting on UN_ contending in the MVFC...  Just the facts.   Go back to the big sky where you belong.  P.S.  UN_ is getting blown out in there second conference game this year... let's start small and work up to contending in another conference.   Sorry.

• Downvote 3