SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ UC Davis

geaux_sioux

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Injuries. Got it. Sam Bradford is hurt for the Vikings; I'll take your advice and not tune in tomorrow. Same with UND football; since they have injuries - which have ALWAYS been apart of football - we should all just accept loses. Next man up and no excuses is the way any true winner goes about it. I'm not going to give in to these ignorant stances that some have come up with just to bear the current disaster.

The Vikings have ONE big injury and you are comparing it to 13 starters being out of action? Apples and oranges again. Please try harder next time, that was pretty weak.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Red Pepper 19 said:

Just commenting on UN_ contending in the MVFC...  Just the facts.   Go back to the big sky where you belong.  P.S.  UN_ is getting blown out in there second conference game this year... let's start small and work up to contending in another conference.   Sorry.

I am sorry too......sorry you are such a jacka$$. :angry:

• Upvote 1

It's not just injuries to a few key guys-it's injuries to the guys who replaced the few key guys and injuries to those guys too.

That's not an excuse-its a reality. I can't help it and neither can you, but to be suggesting there's something more is missing the reality in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

The Vikings have ONE big injury and you are comparing it to 13 starters being out of action? Apples and oranges again. Please try harder next time, that was pretty weak.

The starters that UND has playing are playing poorly too. It's not just the injuries here, people. The team has regressed. For what reason, I don't know. Perhaps coaching, perhaps team leadership, who knows? All I know is this team just doesn't seem to be able to fight through the adversity as I think they should. 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

The starters that UND has playing are playing poorly too. It's not just the injuries here, people. The team has regressed. For what reason, I don't know. Perhaps coaching, perhaps team leadership, who knows? All I know is this team just doesn't seem to be able to fight through the adversity as I think they should. 

So you think they should be undefeated? Or have maybe one loss? Please tell us, as you seem to know more than everyone else.

1 minute ago, shep said:

It's not just injuries to a few key guys-it's injuries to the guys who replaced the few key guys and injuries to those guys too.

That's not an excuse-its a reality. I can't help it and neither can you, but to be suggesting there's something more is missing the reality in my opinion.

I have never seen anything like this before. It is horrible and there is nothing anybody can do about it. These guys just need to keep working hard and try to get better. The coaching staff will be watching who keeps working hard and who gives up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Injuries. Got it. Sam Bradford is hurt for the Vikings; I'll take your advice and not tune in tomorrow. Same with UND football; since they have injuries - which have ALWAYS been apart of football - we should all just accept loses (horrible ones, at that). Next man up and no excuses is the way any true winner goes about it. I'm not going to give in to these ignorant stances that some have come up with just to bear the current disaster.

Explain why they are the way they are then ?   Last year they were ok weren't they? Now???...a complete joke?   Injuries 

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

So you think they should be undefeated? Or have maybe one loss? Please tell us, as you seem to know more than everyone else.

Go to the recruiting threads; everyone thinks the incoming players from the past couple years were going to be tremendous. Now, everyone thinks they are too young and thrown into the fire. There's a ton of inconsistency. Should they be undefeated? No. Should they have lost their last three games (2 of which against opponents that beat last season) by 20+ points? Absolutely not. The degree of the collapse is not consistent with the injuries, even though they are extensive. Eventually UND will turn this around as the young guys get more playing time, but this season is lost. 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Explain why they are the way they are then ?   Last year they were ok weren't they? Now???...a complete joke?   Injuries 

And don't forget 2015, when they went 7-4 and were playing as well as anybody and were screwed out of a playoff spot. Bubba and his staff haven't forgotten how to coach. You simply cannot make chicken salad out of chicken crap. There is no getting around that, no matter what UND-FB-FAN thinks.

If these blow out losses continue, injuries aside, something has to change, say UND wins 2 or fewer after tonight, and gets blowout a couple more times, how does change not happen. Obviously not regime change or firing bubba, but something has to be done to avoid this again. Who would've thought our most competitive and most fun game to watch would've been Utah. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Go to the recruiting threads; everyone thinks the incoming players from the past couple years were going to be tremendous. Now, everyone thinks they are too young and thrown into the fire. There's a ton of inconsistency. Should they be undefeated? No. Should they have lost their last three games (2 of which against opponents that beat last season) by 20+ points? Absolutely not. The degree of the collapse is not consistent with the injuries, even though they are extensive. Eventually UND will turn this around as the young guys get more playing time, but this season is lost. 

I agree with this. Hope the young guys get better with more game experience and look forward to 2018.

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And don't forget 2015, when they went 7-4 and were playing as well as anybody and were screwed out of a playoff spot. Bubba and his staff haven't forgotten how to coach. You simply cannot make chicken salad out of chicken crap. There is no getting around that, no matter what UND-FB-FAN thinks.

Don't recruit chicken crap then.

Thats obviously an exaggeration, but UND needs better players, even as freshmen.

Maybe Mussman's players weren't as bad as some thought. Golladay, Will Ratelle, Reyes, Deion Harris, Keaton Studsrud, AJ Stockwell, etc...

Bubba needs to prove he can win when injuries hit due to his own depth/recruiting. This season has shown a failure on that end thus far. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Don't recruit chicken crap then.

Thats obviously an exaggeration, but UND needs better players, even as freshmen.

Maybe Mussman's players weren't as bad as some thought. Golladay, Will Ratelle, Reyes, Deion Harris, Keaton Studsrud, AJ Stockwell, etc...

Then why were they 3-8 in 2013? The program was in the toilet when Mussman left. Don't make it sound like the cupboard was full of goodies when it clearly wasn't.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

You think 13 starters being on the shelf is something that every team deals with? Please tell me you are stirring the pot, you cannot believe that.

13 is an anomaly but what it really speaks to is no depth whatsoever. 

• Upvote 3