SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ UC Davis

geaux_sioux

I will say what has been said before- Rudolph calls the game Bubba wants called. He wants ball control O, and he has a QB that is decent at that, but as the underthrown ball to Adeoti shows, doesn't have the arm to fling it.

• Upvote 1

Is Studsrud a 3rd stringer? How about Toivonen and Mercer? Santiago and Oliveira weren't expected to play much? Dranka, Tank Harris, and Greely are third string players along with Disterhaupt, Haas, Jade Lawrence, and Torrey Hunt? UND has a lot of "experienced leaders" still on the field but yet they've packed it in. It's disapponting. I'm glad there's some folks on this board who love excuses because it's sort of representative of this team right now - going all in on excuses. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Can anyone literally give me a reason why' UND is what they are currently outside of injuries and Rudolph .....this is a forum ...please speak. 

I'll say it.  Who did poole live with and who all knew what he was up to and who else is a stoner.   It looks to me as though there is a culture problem in this team.

Just now, shep said:

I will say what has been said before- Rudolph calls the game Bubba wants called. He wants ball control O, and he has a QB that is decent at that, but as the underthrown ball to Adeoti shows, doesn't have the arm to fling it.

I love ball ball control without predictability.    

1 hour ago, bang said:

Not buying it. I get not winning the big games but there's no excuse for not being competitive. 

13 of 22 starters on the shelf with injuries/illness and you think they shouldn't miss a beat. Not in this or any other lifetime. This is like trying to beat a high school varsity team with a bunch of JV replacements. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Just chalk this up as a lost season and look forward to next year. That is what I am doing. I still plan on being at Homecoming.

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Can anyone literally give me a reason why' UND is what they are currently outside of injuries and Rudolph .....this is a forum ...please speak. 

The team isn't mentally tough enough to fight through the injuries, adversity, and pressure of being picked to win every conference game. They're packing it in after only 5 games. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Is Studsrud a 3rd stringer? How about Toivonen and Mercer? Santiago and Oliveira weren't expected to play much? Dranka, Tank Harris, and Greely are third string players along with Disterhaupt, Haas, Jade Lawrence, and Torrey Hunt? UND has a lot of "experienced leaders" still on the field but yet they've packed it in. It's disapponting. I'm glad there's some folks on this board who love excuses because it's sort of representative of this team right now - going all in on excuses. 

Disterhaupt is an OLB not MLB. Lawrence is Ok but too small for what he's doing now. Hunt is fine But it appears the DLine has regressed but it may be that they are doing what they've always done, but had good MLB's behind them to make the plays. You've named 12 guys. I think I can name 14 who are out today that the coaching staff thought might be playing.

I'll say it again-I HATE WHAT I'M SEEING! But I understand why I'm seeing it.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, shep said:

I'll be there. Look, this is clearly a lost season. Whether it's a bump in the road or worse will not be known till next year, but I'm not jumping ship. This team will contend in the MVC in a couple of years. Just watch.

Unless we play 3rd stringers and walk-ons.

I agree with you. I have never seen a team shredded by injuries this bad, at any level of football. The odds of this happening again next year are slim to none. The jury is still out on the Bubba regime, but those calling for regime change now are pushing the panic button way too soon.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

13 of 22 starters on the shelf with injuries/illness and you think they shouldn't miss a beat. Not in this or any other lifetime. This is like trying to beat a high school varsity team with a bunch of JV replacements. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Just chalk this up as a lost season and look forward to next year. That is what I am doing. I still plan on being at Homecoming.

You don't recruit JV players. You recruit players that can play. I don't buy this. Obviously this season is lost, but should it be? I don't think any competent DI football program would say so. Only UND fans who are used to hockey as a ultimate fallback would consider such an option. I'm disappointed. UND has regressed. Here's to 2018 being much, much better.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The team isn't mentally tough enough to fight through the injuries, adversity, and pressure of being picked to win every conference game. They're packing it in after only 5 games. 

Go down to Memorial Stadium next week and tell them that......to their face. How do you know they are "packing it in"? Everything that can go wrong this season has gone wrong. If you think regime change is the answer, you are mistaken.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

I'm not convinced UND was really that good last year. 4 victories over teams with winning records. 2 7-4 and 2 6-5.  D stats look good based on the level of comp played...

This may be the most thought provoking comment. You may just be right. 

1 minute ago, mooncountry said:

I'm not convinced UND was really that good last year. 4 victories over teams with winning records. 2 7-4 and 2 6-5.  D stats look good based on the level of comp played...

Not good last year!?   Like winning the big sky championship?  Let us know more.    Great information 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You don't recruit JV players. You recruit players that can play. I don't buy this. Obviously this season is lost, but should it be? I don't think any competent DI football program would say so. Only UND fans who are used to hockey as a ultimate fallback would consider such an option. I'm disappointed. UND has regressed. Here's to 2018 being much, much better.

You missed my point entirely. You don't replace all the starters we have lost with true freshmen and redshirt freshmen and not have problems. I have not lost faith in the coaching staff and it is way too soon to start calling for a change at the top.

30 minutes ago, shep said:

I'll be there. Look, this is clearly a lost season. Whether it's a bump in the road or worse will not be known till next year, but I'm not jumping ship. This team will contend in the MVC in a couple of years. Just watch.

Unless we play 3rd stringers and walk-ons.

You need to stop sniffing french fry oil.  Have some respect!  UN_ has done nothing in there D1   era  to make a comment like this...  just watch... we have been... UN_ stinks!  Here I will make it simple for you.  One playoff loss... countless blowout losses.  

• Downvote 5

I

2 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

You need to stop sniffing french fry oil.  Have some respect!  UN_ has done nothing in there D1   era  to make a comment like this...  just watch... we have been... UN_ stinks!  Here I will make it simple for you.  One playoff loss... countless blowout losses.  

Is there a reason you can't type the D on UND??

5 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

They won a lot of close games and won a conference championship. But yeah, you are right, it was all a fluke. :silly:

And what about the year before that when they finished 7-4 and were playing lights out at the end of the season and got screwed out of a playoff spot by those geniuses on the playoff committee? I suppose that was a fluke too, right? :angry:

• Upvote 1