SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ UC Davis

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

You add Connor, Elijah, Poole , Gordon to that list ....yeah not the reason apparently 

And I hate what I'm seeing here too, but lets get off the ledge here people. Calling for the whole staff to go is nuts. With the young OLine we are running all over these guys.

DLine needs to get to the QB who hasn't been touched yet.

4 minutes ago, shep said:

But all these guys will have been with the program for a year and ostensibly bigger and smarter. BIG difference in a year. They should not even be dressing yet.

The injury situation is unfortunate, but these 2nd and 3rd string players aren't all true freshmen.

Also, UND was picked to win the conference; a bunch of injuries shouldnt turn UND into a doormat! Maybe they should be less competitive, but they shouldn't turn into the bottom feeder of the Big Sky Comference. Bubba and his staff have shown deficiencies, now, in recruiting quality depth and adjusting on the fly when unexpected changes hit.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know i know but if i asked u if we played 22 backups would we lose to cal davis 80-21? no.

I've long thought that losing Randolph was huge too, but imagine Harris taking care of Doss. Who do they go to? We have Reyes back there too and Randolph but NOT Blubaugh, Rastas and the other RS's.

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The injury situation is unfortunate, but these 2nd and 3rd string players aren't all true freshmen.

Also, UND was picked to win the conference; a bunch of injuries shouldnt turn UND into a doormat! Maybe they should be less competitive, but they shouldn't turn into the bottom feeder of the Big Sky Comference. Bubba and his staff have shown deficiencies, now, in recruiting quality depth and adjusting on the fly when unexpected changes hit.  

But we are now 3 and 4 deep on the depth chart. How many coaches could foresee that? Plus Harris and Reyes are virtually irreplaceable, they thought they had good depth at LB before Connor went down and the others and frankly, the depth at OLine is looking good today.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

So we're basically seeing a sneak peak of the 2018 UND defense. If not this season, we would've been very disappointed next season. The depth of this program is not good; Bubba and his staff have messed up. 

Barring injuries UNDs d next year will be bad ass

mason- stud

Donnell-stud

deion-stud

tank-stud

tamss-  almost stud

cieslak- almost 

noah- stud- almost

torrey- right there beng. a stud 

Andre-  really like this guy/ could be a stud 

Jace- three year stater

tanner- Sen- replaced by haas? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, shep said:

But we are now 3 and 4 deep on the depth chart. How many coaches could foresee that? Plus Harris and Reyes are virtually irreplaceable, they thought they had good depth at LB before Connor went down and the others and frankly, the depth at OLine is looking good today.

u have to remember....cal-davis is a bad bad team...i think we forget that sometimes when we beat up on crappy teams we pump our chests...cal-davis is a bad team that shouldn't be taking a banged up und team to the woodshed.

and there is still enough quality players on the offense to where we should be grinding out six or 7 or eight minute drives for GOD DAMN TD"s to give these youngs a break...and to top it off taubs kicks the kickoffs out of bounds and gives them a short field

1 minute ago, shep said:

Your stance is that UND would've been fine in 2018 because Rastas, Blubaugh, etc. would've miraculously improved with another year of prep? Yeah, they would've been more physically prepared, but the intangibles are what they are. We are seeing a preview of what the future holds. 

UND needs to have a level of fight and determination that doesn't allow this kind of collapse to occur, especially just following a conference championship season. The culture of this team is not adequate. What happened from last season to this season goes beyond injuries.

After four recruiting classes, UND and Bubba need to have some depth that prevents this level of embarrassment and implosion from happening.  

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Your stance is that UND would've been fine in 2018 because Rastas, Blubaugh, etc. would've miraculously improved with another year of prep? Yeah, they would've been more physically prepared, but the intangibles are what they are. We are seeing a preview of what the future holds. 

UND needs to have a level of fight and determination that doesn't allow this kind of collapse to occur, especially just following a conference championship season. The culture of this team is not adequate. What happened from last season to this season goes beyond injuries.

After four recruiting classes, UND and Bubba need to have some depth that prevents this level of embarrassment and implosion from happening.  

My stance is that maybe they wouldn't have been ready next year either. And maybe without injuries, they wouldn't need to be. My stance is they ARE NOT READY THIS YEAR, and the coaching staff recruited them knowing that. This is all hands on deck time now and at least they are smart enough NOT to pull Larson's RS so he can be a part of the Championship teams in the next few years. But I see hope here for next year. Today, for this season, I have no hope.

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I have not heard one reason why UND. Is what they are.  I say injuries onD and a complete fool calling plays on offense.  Can anyone tell me why that isn't the case ?  

Great call to pass to Adeoti :)

4 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Barring injuries UNDs d next year will be bad ass

mason- stud

Donnell-stud

deion-stud

tank-stud

tamss-  almost stud

cieslak- almost 

noah- stud- almost

torrey- right there beng. a stud 

Andre-  really like this guy/ could be a stud 

Jace- three year stater

tanner- Sen- replaced by haas? 

Half of those players are on the field right now and this defense is no where near "stud".

I sure hope everything works out, but injuries shouldn't turn a team from #1 in the conference to a doormat. 

Perhaps it's more than just one issue with UND? Key injuries, sometimes questionable play calling, and perhaps just a team that was over-hyped in the preseason. It's a shame. But being a fan of Syracuse for my entire life I've learned to just expect the worst when it comes to football. So oh well. Time to move on to Hockey, and basketball seasons!