SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND @ UC Davis

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I can vouch for one

I'll be there. Look, this is clearly a lost season. Whether it's a bump in the road or worse will not be known till next year, but I'm not jumping ship. This team will contend in the MVC in a couple of years. Just watch.

Unless we play 3rd stringers and walk-ons.

7 minutes ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

Bad football is bad football.........? Just saying to be picked first in the conference preseason and go 1-4 (assuming an L tonight) through 5 games....it's not good. These games aren't close games either. 

Very true, but let's remember we were within 14 points of Utah on the road with 4 minutes left on the 4th quarter, before we got decimated. I am as frustrated as everybody....but let's remember that

• Upvote 1

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Please ....anyone! 

Doesn't seem like the culture is where it needs to be. Giving full effort, being a competitor, etc... I completely understand there have been 13 injuries to starters but where are the leaders of this team? Why does it seem like they aren't prepared and aren't giving full effort every play? Why all the mental mistakes and penalties? Why all the special teams miscues? Why have there been 3 touchdowns in the past two games that have to do with blown coverages? Why does it seem the guys aren't focused.

Injuries are obviously a huge part of our problem but it isn't the only problem 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, F'n Hawks said:

Doesn't seem like the culture is where it needs to be. Giving full effort, being a competitor, etc... I completely understand there have been 13 injuries to starters but where are the leaders of this team? Why does it seem like they aren't prepared and aren't giving full effort every play? Why all the mental mistakes and penalties? Why all the special teams miscues? Why have there been 3 touchdowns in the past two games that have to do with blown coverages? Why does it seem the guys aren't focused.

Injuries are obviously a huge part of our problem but it isn't the only problem 

And I'm saying they are giving full effort, but they are outmanned and just not physically able. That TD does not occur with Reyes there. We can't keep hoping for guys who are out to show up, but I can't blame the effort of the young punks who are in there.