SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Western Michigan

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Good points on all. I just think putting Jost and Boeser back together could spark Brock. I also definitely see that having these two and Gersh together creates a lack of depth, for sure. That being said, I still say we give it a shot.

This is how I'd go:

Gersh Jost Boeser
Pogo Gardner JJ
Yon Bowen Gornall
Smith Simo Olson

Benching Wilkie and Hoff, eh?  Maybe for this physical series that makes sense...it is now or never time for Wilkie...benching him now essentially sends him packing...

I might switch JJ and Brock in your combo...can always double shift or switch as a mid-game adjustment. 

26 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I personally want to take the pressure off of Gardner and Pogo to score.  I think they would do well to just focus on hard-nosed hockey in a third line assignment.  I want to break up lines- even one's that have been working...I hypothesize that some of the success of the Bowen line has been the match-ups they've been given. 

Problem is in all reality, Pogo and Gardner are the 4th and 5th option for scoring on this team. Need them to step up.

25 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Good points on all. I just think putting Jost and Boeser back together could spark Brock. I also definitely see that having these two and Gersh together creates a lack of depth, for sure. That being said, I still say we give it a shot.

This is how I'd go:

Gersh Jost Boeser
Pogo Gardner JJ
Yon Bowen Gornall
Smith Simo Olson

Switch out Simo and Olson for Hoff and Wilkie and I really like it.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is how I'd go:

Gersh Jost Boeser
Pogo Gardner JJ
Yon Bowen Gornall
Smith Simo Olson

I'll bite.

Gerish - Jost - Pogo

JJ - Gardner - Boeser

Yon - Bowen - Gornall

Olson (or Smith) - Hoff - Wilkie

We have a good/deep forward group....we should sweep.

T. Poolman - C. Wolanin

Ausmus - Peski

Shaw - C. Poolman

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is how I'd go:

Gersh Jost Boeser
Pogo Gardner JJ
Yon Bowen Gornall
Smith Simo Olson

I like that lineup even though it'd be nice to spark Brock I just think him and Jost are both puck possession guys that might not compliment each other as we saw earlier in the year. I'd throw Pogo on that top line wing again since he can create opportunities and turnovers in the dirty areas for Gersich and Jost. 

40 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

This is how I'd go:

Gersh Jost Boeser
Pogo Gardner JJ
Yon Bowen Gornall
Smith Simo Olson

I like this. Absolutely no reason for Smith or Gornall to be out of the lineup until they prove otherwise.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I'll bite.

Gerish - Jost - Pogo

JJ - Gardner - Boeser

Yon - Bowen - Gornall

Olson (or Smith) - Hoff - Wilkie

We have a good/deep forward group....we should sweep.

T. Poolman - C. Wolanin

Ausmus - Peski

Shaw - C. Poolman

This...^^^ for the forwards. Jost might be one of the top 5 difference makers in college hockey. Getting him back and healthy is huge.

Simo and Olson IMO are out. Still not a fan of Gardner as a 2nd line center though. Wilkie is the blind squirrel...............eventually.

Defensively the Poolman's have to stay together. Of the other 4 Peski is the best defensively.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

This...^^^ for the forwards.

Simo and Olson IMO are out. Still not a fan of Gardner as a 2nd line center though.

Defensively the Poolman's have to stay together. Of the other 4 Peski is the best defensively.

The only reason i split the poolmans up was due to Wolanin's leaky D play lately.  We need his play making ability at a top 4 spot, maybe putting him with T. Poolman will help his confidence.  

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

Benching Wilkie and Hoff, eh?  Maybe for this physical series that makes sense...it is now or never time for Wilkie...benching him now essentially sends him packing...

I might switch JJ and Brock in your combo...can always double shift or switch as a mid-game adjustment. 

I forgot Hoff, but I am not sure that I need him in the lineup, at this point. I like Smith and Gornall's energy a lot. I kept Brock there just for the spark factor. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Problem is in all reality, Pogo and Gardner are the 4th and 5th option for scoring on this team. Need them to step up.

Don't disagree...trying to figure a way to kick-start that...second scoring line hasn't worked...clearly LJ was the straw that stirred that drink last year- I say now in retrospect

11 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Don't disagree...trying to figure a way to kick-start that...second scoring line hasn't worked...clearly LJ was the straw that stirred that drink last year- I say now in retrospect

Gersich - Gardner - Boeser

JJ - Jost- Pogo

Yon - Bowen - Gornall

Olson- Hoff - Wilkie

Some very thoughtful posts by the usually erudite and informed Sioux fan base.   The standard in the industry. 

My slightly more emotional take:

MY MAN GORNALL

v.

the whole dam wmu team and anyone else they want to put out there

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, burd said:

Some very thoughtful posts by the usually erudite and informed Sioux fan base.   The standard in the industry. 

My slightly more emotional take:

MY MAN GORNALL

v.

the whole dam wmu team and anyone else they want to put out there

Think how much more Gornall brings energy wise and production wise than someone like Simonson and with less playing time all year.. You can tell the team loves a guy like Gornall too. I'd take him in the lineup over Simo ANY DAY. He's had about a fourth of the playing time as Simo all year and has more goals than him already..

Should be a good series.  I think it may come done to WMU and Sioux for the final two home ice spots and this series is key for both teams.  My dream is for a ALL NCHC frozen for, but the only way this will happen is for the NCHC to lock up 1-4 pairwise.  

WMU also recently got back a key forward from a injury earlier in the year, Adain Muir.  He is a difference make and changes the line combinations on all four lines.  The line of Muir, Rebry and Tiffels is a handful for any d-core to match up with and frees up WMU two scoring lines for Murray to get the right match ups with the last line change

I assume Blacker will be in net for both games this weekend series this time, he has also been a real difference maker since returning to the line up.