SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Canisius - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

The NCHC better review Neulion as their choice to stream these games. What a joke it is tonight.  Freezing up every few minutes.

I gave up on the apple tv feed today and went with the pc and while it hasn't frozen up at all  it's definitely not in HD. You would think by now they would have it figured out. 

16 minutes ago, sodaksioux said:

Did anyone notice the lengthy conversation between Boeser and Canisius coach in the handshake line? It appeared it was not cordial? Anyone have any insight? Boeser looked like a caged tiger in the penalty box in the third period. 

Canisuis was on boeser all weekend. Idk If he thought they were getting chippy against him but it was pretty obvious everything boeser tried to do and when he would shoot and they woud block it the bench cheered. 

He really wanted to go at with that one player who knocked him down after the whistle in the 3rd. Would have loved to see it but he can't afford a game dq.

Boeser is having trouble controlling his temper.  It has cost him a couple of penalties so far, and teams are not going to let up.  He is a marked man this year and without Cags and Schmaltz to take the heat off him, they will stack the deck against him.  Until his linemates have demonstrated that other teams will pay by putting too much pressure on Boeser, he is going to have to deal with it.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, sodaksioux said:

Did anyone notice the lengthy conversation between Boeser and Canisius coach in the handshake line? It appeared it was not cordial? Anyone have any insight? Boeser looked like a caged tiger in the penalty box in the third period. 

Was at game.  Noticed this as well.  Couldn't really tell what was said between the two, but not sure why the Canisius coach had a goalie stick with him either.  Not one of Boeser's better games, but still manages to get on the scoresheet and make a huge difference.  I thought Berry was going to blow a gasket in the first period when UND was killing a penalty and instead of stopping and starting in the d zone Brock took a skate through the neutral zone before getting back into the zone to watch his guy get a quality look on net.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Was at game.  Noticed this as well.  Couldn't really tell what was said between the two, but not sure why the Canisius coach had a goalie stick with him either.  Not one of Boeser's better games, but still manages to get on the scoresheet and make a huge difference.  I thought Berry was going to blow a gasket in the first period when UND was killing a penalty and instead of stopping and starting in the d zone Brock took a skate through the neutral zone before getting back into the zone to watch his guy get a quality look on net.

Good to see you here, Wilbur. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, sodaksioux said:

Did anyone notice the lengthy conversation between Boeser and Canisius coach in the handshake line? It appeared it was not cordial? Anyone have any insight? 

I think the coach was just giving him props for the "BACK TO CAGGIULA!" goal in the NCAA championship game this past spring.

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Is that pronounced Jost or Yost?

;) 

Kind of like if I ever win the 50/50......do I win the pot or the jackpot?

BTW NDH was killing it in the white jersey and I was looking good in the black #9 Caggiula last night. :cool:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

First time I have seen Brock try to do way too much on his own. Played a lot outside the system.......he has to remember that Jost kid next to him is pretty good too.

Yes, I noticed this too.  He just needs to relax and take what's given.  I think Canisius got in his head.