SiouxSports.com Forum

USD welcome back to the Alerus

SENDSIOUX

1 minute ago, Yote 53 said:

Not trolling because that would imply I am trying to hook you guys into something.  There is no hook here.  USD is simply a stronger program in a stronger conference at this time.  Yeah, MVFC cellar dwellers, who happen to have no problem beating Big Sky teams when we face them.  Even the most prestigious program in the BSC, Montana, has barely escaped us twice. 

UND fans, of all people, should remember that feeling from when you were back in the NCC that when you played OOC it was "no problem, we got this".  It's the exact same feelings we have right now.  There is nothing intimidating about going to Grand Forks or playing against an opponent from another conference anymore.

You act like all the teams in the MVFC is invincible. That same Montana that barely escaped you have also beat NDSU. That same NDSU that has won 5 national championships, have had multiple close games with Big Sky teams, even a few in overtime. That Weber State team that was picked to finish #6 in the Big Sky this year, took you to double OT. If you are so strong, shouldn't you be beating everyone other than the most prestigious school Montana than by 20+ points? That was on USD home field to a team that was picked to finish behind UND.

8 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

UND fans, of all people, should remember that feeling from when you were back in the NCC that when you played OOC it was "no problem, we got this".  It's the exact same feelings we have right now.  

Did you guys have that feeling at New Mexico?  The same New Mexico that just lost to dogsh*t New Mexico State.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Last time I checked UND was around a 4.5 point favorite and having placed an occasional FB bet myself in the past I do know the home team gets a customary 3 point bump meaning on a neutral field people way smarter than you on this topic would have UND around a 1.5 point favorite.

If you are a gambler then you would also know that the point spread is not a prediction of what the actual score spread will be but is actually used as a tool to even out the money on both sides.

Just now, Yote 53 said:

If you are a gambler then you would also know that the point spread is not a prediction of what the actual score spread will be but is actually used as a tool to even out the money on both sides.

Not at the FCS level.  They plug the numbers in and spit out an answer.  They know nothing about the teams.  Usually pretty close to Sagarin's numbers.

It's been nice chatting with you guys.  I didn't expect to have anybody on the UND home board to agree with me.  It's your home team for cripes sakes, of course you will be biased towards your school, towards your conference, and towards your place in the FCS world. 

Exactly the same way USD fans are biased too and we have our reasons for why we think we are the better team from a better conference.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

It's been nice chatting with you guys.  I didn't expect to have anybody on the UND home board to agree with me.  It's your home team for cripes sakes, of course you will be biased towards your school, towards your conference, and towards your place in the FCS world. 

Exactly the same way USD fans are biased too and we have our reasons for why we think we are the better team from a better conference.

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Bowling Green would demolish New Mexico.  UND would even be favored against them.  But USD was pounded by the Lobos.

Nielson knows Bubba's tendencies rather well, being his boss at UMD and coaching against his defense at W Ill.  That's the best shot you have.

1 minute ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Been a minute since I've attended a UND football game. Will I be able to scalp some decent tickets beforehand?

Also, when is puck drop at center court?

There should be tickets to buy at the gate.  Tipoff is at 4pm.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

I guess the only way I can understand why UND fans are so confident is because you are at home and you are relying on ancient history for your predictions.  We haven't played each other in years.  None of the coaches or players are even around anymore.  What has changed is that UND has been wondering around in the Big Sky wilderness for years.  To put it in hockey terms that you all understand, USD has been cutting its teeth in the NCHC and you guys have been hanging around in the WCHA.  The conferences are that far apart.  Every time you have tangled with another Dakota school since you joined the BSC it hasn't gone well for you.  This isn't the same USD program you grew up with anymore guys. 

I said it on the USD board so I'll say it here, USD is 20+ points better than UND on a neutral field, since it is in GF I'll give you guys 7 more.  USD 31 - UND 17.

Funny you say that.  How has it gone for you?  Let me tell you because it seems that you have obviously forgotten.  In the last 4 years since USD has joined the MVFC, the Yotes are 1-7 against NDSU/SDSU with the lone victory coming last year in Fargo.  If that isn't bad enough, here are the results of those 7 loses.

2012  NDSU 54 - USD 0        -        SDSU 31 - USD 8

2013  NDSU 42 - USD 0        -        SDSU 27 - USD 12

2014  NDSU 47 - USD 7        -        SDSU 37 - USD 14

2015  SDSU 30 - USD 23

Thats 57 points for, 268 points against in those 7 games for those scoring at home.

And furthermore, you are a combined 12-34 (6-26 conference record) since joining the MVFC.  So yeah, I think this is the same USD program I grew up with!

You talk a big game cause you are in the MVFC, but you an average to bottom dweller team the last 4 years.  You are the Vanderbilt of the MVFC

Darn those pesky facts and stats.  I hope you don't get angry about them and go trash a locker room over it. ;)

• Upvote 3

I guess the only way I can understand why UND fans are so confident is because you are at home and you are relying on ancient history for your predictions.  We haven't played each other in years.  None of the coaches or players are even around anymore.  What has changed is that UND has been wondering around in the Big Sky wilderness for years.  To put it in hockey terms that you all understand, USD has been cutting its teeth in the NCHC and you guys have been hanging around in the WCHA.  The conferences are that far apart.  Every time you have tangled with another Dakota school since you joined the BSC it hasn't gone well for you.  This isn't the same USD program you grew up with anymore guys. 

I said it on the USD board so I'll say it here, USD is 20+ points better than UND on a neutral field, since it is in GF I'll give you guys 7 more.  USD 31 - UND 17.

How close were your Yotes to making the playoffs last year? Ancient I know but you should be able to remember.

Yeah, MVFC cellar dwellers, who happen to have no problem beating Big Sky teams when we face them.  Even the most prestigious program in the BSC, Montana, has barely escaped us twice.

You have no problem beating Big Sky teams and then give examples of games you lost to back up your point?

• Upvote 1

Seriously, who the hell cares about the conference comparisons, especially when both teams have been middle of the pack to basement dwellers. The only teams who can really argue their conference strength on an annual basis are probably SDSU and UNI, as they generally make the playoffs, but sit behind a 5 time national champ in their conference.

Same with the Big Sky and MT, EWU and MTST (though not lately). Unless your and annually at the top of the conference, it really doesn't matter a whole lot.

I get that there is some aspects to conference strength being important, but it is not the end all be all that some many people, especially MVFC (but some BSC) fans make it out to be.

• Upvote 1

To put the football game into perspective, and to remind everyone not to judge a whole fan base on a few trolling comments, I though I would share the below link.

Apparently, some of the USD fans decided to partake in a very classy act for the Weber St. coach before last week's game. Nice work Coyote fans!

http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1780/weber-state-coachs-wife

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

To put the football game into perspective, and to remind everyone not to judge a whole fan base on a few trolling comments, I though I would share the below link.

Apparently, some of the USD fans decided to partake in a very classy act for the Weber St. coach before last week's game. Nice work Coyote fans!

http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/thread/1780/weber-state-coachs-wife

Classy move.  There is no reason that we can't do the same thing here?  I realize the game against Weber is not until October 29th, but the Coyote fans were able to raise over $10,000 in less than a week. ($6,000 alone on GoFundMe).  Think how much we could raise?!!  

31 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Classy move.  There is no reason that we can't do the same thing here?  I realize the game against Weber is not until October 29th, but the Coyote fans were able to raise over $10,000 in less than a week. ($6,000 alone on GoFundMe).  Think how much we could raise?!!  

Here is the Midco   story on the fundraiser .                         

Would love to see all the Big Sky teams that host Weber State this year take on the same challenge and see if they could raise more $ than the Coyote "Brotherhood".    Only winners in that sort of challenge.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

Not trolling because that would imply I am trying to hook you guys into something.  There is no hook here.  USD is simply a stronger program in a stronger conference at this time.  Yeah, MVFC cellar dwellers, who happen to have no problem beating Big Sky teams when we face them.  Even the most prestigious program in the BSC, Montana, has barely escaped us twice

UND fans, of all people, should remember that feeling from when you were back in the NCC that when you played OOC it was "no problem, we got this".  It's the exact same feelings we have right now.  There is nothing intimidating about going to Grand Forks or playing against an opponent from another conference anymore.

So . . . I'm confused.  Did USD beat them or lose to them?  Not being a jerk, but that just didn't make sense.

Just watched highlights of usd beating weber.   Its pretty apparent that their qb prefers running not passing. It comes across as almost uncomfortable watching him throw.  Even though he had 3 or 4 tds passing it was set up by his play action and his running ability.    Und needs to make him one dimensional and earn it!   Contain the run and make him beat you with his arm.  Unds agressive 3-4 d has the speed on the edges to contain and the aggressiveness in the trenches to bother.  Do not let him beat you with his legs and und will be fine.  

Santiago 220 yards 

• Upvote 1