SiouxSports.com Forum

USD welcome back to the Alerus

SENDSIOUX

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I respect him and he's a good back but he's not the type of back that will give us problems. A really shifty cutback runner is a worse matchup for our d. Bauma isn't going to create any yards out of nothing.

Und shut down the little shifty guy from Bgsu, but yes, they are more likely to shut down the opposing big back more so then the shifty guy. They now have speed at de and OLB to compensate that    Unds strength is against the run.  South Dakota might have a decent one-two punch and surely they will get some yards, just can't envision und letting any team in the nation getting 200 yards.  Team to the south last year had 42 car 115 yards 2.7 ave  zero tds.  Plain and simple und shuts down the run. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

Driving 401 miles (one way) this saturday to see the game.  I'm hoping for a very happy drive home on sunday!!

Im making the long drive as well. Cant wait to tailgate again! 

Does anyone know if they actually sell football jerseys at the Alerus? And not the black number 84 jersey from how many years ago. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exactly...........fans and posters on this site need to understand UND needs a win...Saturday...badly. All this talk about playoffs, easy conference schedule and blah blah blah goes out the window if come Saturday evening UND is sitting at 0-3.  0-3 in my book means at this stage in your season you are not a good FB team. 1-2 gives you some momentum heading out west to play the Cats.

Trust me, UND knows they NEED this win. It will get done because they also know 0-3 is bascially a hole that does not allow them to accomplish their season goals. Most importantly, UND is not a 0-3 team in terms of talent; in fact, UND could easily be 2-0 right now. Nevertheless, UND will be playing like their pants are on fire on Saturday because this a big game for their aspirations in 2016; it is also the home opener, potato bowl, and old regional rivalry game. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Trust me, UND knows they NEED this win. It will get done because they also know 0-3 is bascially a hole that does not allow them to accomplish their season goals. Most importantly, UND is not a 0-3 team in terms of talent; in fact, UND could easily be 2-0 right now. Nevertheless, UND will be playing like their pants are on fire on Saturday because this a big game for their aspirations in 2016; it is also the home opener, potato bowl, and old regional rivalry game. 

But wasn't that the whole purpose of "leave no doubt" to begin with?  It's not like they will be playing harder this weekend, or at least I hope not, because that should have been there from the start. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

But wasn't that the whole purpose of "leave no doubt" to begin with?  It's not like they will be playing harder this weekend, or at least I hope not, because that should have been their from the start. 

I could have worded my previous post better.

I am not guaranteeing a UND victory on Saturday. After losing to Stony Brook  (just not a good team, I'm sorry to those making the "top D excuse"), UND is just not as good as we had initially hoped/expected. That could change due to the amount of season left, and, hopefully, it does. 

With that unfortunate truth said, I still think UND is going to play a very inspired game on Saturday given the positive 2nd half performance at Bowling Green and the Potato Bowl home crowd. UND *should* get the win on Saturday if they haven't regressed. 

23 minutes ago, Football fan said:

I'm lame...only driving 285 miles....ticket for one.  Lonely loser. But I will make a lot of noise.

I'm flying up from AZ and will be at the game.  But I can't profess that I am flying up just for the game......will be up there for a reunion, however having a home game this weekend helped seal the deal on coming back.   I am super excited about going to a game in person.....it's been a while!  After being down 14-0 last week and three straight 3 and outs and it looked like might be a blow out......I was already a little disappointed that the game this coming week may not be that exciting given a loss to SB and a blow out loss to BG.  We still lost to BG but did play well after that and left hope (in my eyes) for the season, I'll be cheering loud to do my part......let's get some false starts!!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

UND looked good in the second half. I know there are some on here that will say I am being overly optimistic but I just dont care. Step off the ledge if you need to but I think this team is decent and will keep improving. 

7-4 is a decent record.

I think we all see this team as having the ability to win some games.  We're just anxious to see it happen!

• Upvote 1