SiouxSports.com Forum

Leave No Doubt

geaux_sioux

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=5721706&db_oem_id=13500

O'Brien with a little (unintentional?) shot at Montana, saying there will be 2 undefeated Big Sky teams after tomorrow and UND hopes to be 1 of them. :D

Yeah, wasn't sure where he was coming up with that figure, unless he was trying to dig.  There could well be one undefeated Big Sky team come Saturday night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am sure I am not the only one who would want something like this again so I messaged Alex Heinert a while back asking him about it. He said that last year Midco reached out to UND football in hopes of producing a Through These Doors type show but the coaching staff wasn't interested. 

8 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I am sure I am not the only one who would want something like this again so I messaged Alex Heinert a while back asking him about it. He said that last year Midco reached out to UND football in hopes of producing a Through These Doors type show but the coaching staff wasn't interested. 

Coaches didn't want increased visibility of their ineptitude? Turning down marketing in any form seems just silly, especially with the Alerus Center's average attendance. 

13 hours ago, shep said:

Is the first sentence really necessary? I mean, you're not always negative about the coaching staff, remember?

I apologize. Limiting marketing/viewing options is crucial for UND football at this time; brilliant ideology from the coaches. 

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I apologize. Limiting marketing/viewing options is crucial for UND football at this time; brilliant ideology from the coaches. 

Without knowing any details outside of Midco supposedly asked about doing a show, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape. There is no one who does more to promote the football program than Bubba himself. On top of that, they did weekly 2-4 minute videos along that line through UND Insider in 2016, so it isn't like the whole thing is a foreign concept and that is the reason they weren't interested.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Without knowing any details outside of Midco supposedly asked about doing a show, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape. There is no one who does more to promote the football program than Bubba himself. On top of that, they did weekly 2-4 minute videos along that line through UND Insider in 2016, so it isn't like the whole thing is a foreign concept and that is the reason they weren't interested.

Perhaps Bubba individually does such a tremendous job promoting his program that all other promotion platforms have become unnecessary, along with performance grading of his assistant coaches. 

I'm not "bent out of shape" about this by any means, but I also am not going to aimlessly shout supportive praises either. A lot to prove in 2018.