SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux apparel website

Kooshnitz

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Chinese knockoffs. The chin, nose, mouth, and just about everything else on that logo is off. And it's also just wrong, as Boeser never played when we were the Sioux. 

Actually having to get rid of the logo in the first place was JUST WRONG. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Also, they either did an incredibly poor job of hanging the jersey for the picture, or the neck was designed for people with gargantuan heads.

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

I ordered a couple of the flags last year.  Same as any others I have had at 30% of the cost.  

Sorry to be a downer, but when 7 year old kids are forced to sew these together being paid a pound or rice for a week's work, I'm not sure one can expect the quality to be there.

And yes I do hope you think of the little forced laborers everytime you fly that flag.

Supporting illegal sweatshop trade is never ok, even for 30% of the regular price. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sorry to be a downer, but when 7 year old kids are forced to sew these together being paid a pound or rice for a week's work, I'm not sure one can expect the quality to be there.

And yes I do hope you think of the little forced laborers everytime you fly that flag.

Supporting illegal sweatshop trade is never ok, even for 30% of the regular price. 

1EhtbA.gif

• Upvote 2

On 5/12/2016 at 8:10 PM, Kooshnitz said:

Anyone every buy anything on Aliexpress website? There's some cheap Sioux stuff but not sure how quality is or if it's light? Some nice jerseys and apparel. Let me know 

image.png

A little late to the discussion, but i have ordered from AliExpress before. It is a gamble, but so is eBay, I ordered a Northstars jersey (with parise nameplate) and it came quickly and is pretty nice. Now it is a big gamble with the Sioux logo as it is so intricate.  

On 5/12/2016 at 11:05 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

I hope you don't own a smart phone then.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Two of the all time stupidest comments in the history of ss.com.....and that's saying something.

Big difference between legally manufacturered traded Goods and illegally produced illegally sold material, that violate International copyright laws.

Good Lord the offseason brings out the absolute brain-dead of the trolls

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Two of the all time stupidest comments in the history of ss.com.....and that's saying something.

Big difference between legally manufacturered traded Goods and illegally produced illegally sold material, that violate International copyright laws.

speaking of, this wouldn't violate international copyright laws (that doesn't really exist anyway) but would violate trademark laws. 

8 minutes ago, UNDhoops said:

speaking of, this wouldn't violate international copyright laws (that doesn't really exist anyway) but would violate trademark laws. 

Canada takes a much harder stance on importing illegally produced materials especially Jerseys, but US action happens all the time too.

http://m.startribune.com/selling-of-knockoff-jerseys-leads-to-felony-charges/111970084/

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20140102/NEWS/140109978/feds-seize-more-than-700000-in-fake-nhl-merchandise

So if I'm looking to trade or buy a jersey, what's the difference in the Chinese jerseys compared to the authentic or replica jerseys? I guess I haven't seen the Chinese ones. Not just the brien or geometric Sioux head either. I've been looking for a throwback 58' or 59' jersey for a long time. Is there a way I can spot a fake from a real replica?

On 5/12/2016 at 11:05 AM, Frozen4sioux said:

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sorry to be a downer, but when you make the most morally conflicted, if not naive, comment in the history of internet message boards, you don't get to call out others for posting a stupider more stupid comment than your's.  :silly:

I get it: you object to 7 year old sweatshop labor for hockey jerseys, but you have no problem with 7 year old sweatshop labor for making your smartphone.  You do realize that dozens of "little forced laborers" have committed suicide at Apple's Foxconn City plant, right?  But that's okay with you because your smartphone was "legally manufactured".  :unsure:

Wow, ignorance must truly be bliss for Frozen4sioux.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Canada takes a much harder stance on importing illegally produced materials especially Jerseys, but US action happens all the time too.

http://m.startribune.com/selling-of-knockoff-jerseys-leads-to-felony-charges/111970084/

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20140102/NEWS/140109978/feds-seize-more-than-700000-in-fake-nhl-merchandise

I'm not saying seizures don't happen. I'm saying it is a trademark issue, not a copyright one

http://www.cooljerseysale.com/faq-ezp-2.html has this humdinger.

11. Why do you charge my card more than your product price?
We only receive your order price. As we are from different country use the different currencies, So the extra money may be charged by the bank as the bank fee. It is a fee for overseas transaction, for the currency exchange rate fee. Hope you can understand. If you still have problem, please email to us.

Never mind the chingrish of their answer. This is straight up BS.