SiouxSports.com Forum

Olympic Hockey

Fetch

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just heard viewership of these Olympics is down 29% from 4 years ago. That's a big drop.

I'm assuming this is in the U.S., right? Taking a look at the medal count, I think this is an easy discussion. Not a lot of stars in our Winter Games for the U.S. to get behind.

The coverage is, well, not watchable:  

Too much sniff-sniff feel good stuff and "with the athletes" stuff, no medal ceremonies, and not enough actual sport. 

Toss in a little fawning over a dictator's little sister and ... VOILA! Ratings. Crapper. 

< harrumph, harrumph, harrumph > 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Too much sniff-sniff feel good stuff and "with the athletes" stuff, no medal ceremonies, and not enough actual sport. 

Toss in a little fawning over a dictator's little sister and ... VOILA! Ratings. Crapper. 

The time zone difference is a killer.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hey, ... take a knee. 

From the TV coverage on these Olympics so far my kids have basically come to the conclusion that almost every USA athlete competing belongs to the LGBT community.

.........but Adam Rippon is a riot to listen to. Very entertaining.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So avoid it all.  The NBC Olympics app lets you watch any sport, any event, live without any extra crap.  Just the sport.  I don't think I've watched a single event actually on NBC.  I watch everything through my Apple TV or Roku and don't have to deal with any extra stuff, and just get to see what I really want to see.