SiouxSports.com Forum

24 Hours to a Title

farce poobah

4 hours ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

I don't dare read it again.  I had to stop three times because I couldn't see through the tears the first time!

Damn, so I'm not the only middle aged guy whose eyes welled up a bit while reading it (not that I would tell anyone).  I guess 16 years of mostly all real good seasons but waiting (and I'm not by any means a Haks basher) does that to one. 

• Upvote 2

I went to the Herald building to buy my friends a copy and the woman at the desk said they were flying out of there like hot cakes.

I told her they should give Brad a cut of the sales for his bonus.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Damn, so I'm not the only middle aged guy whose eyes welled up a bit while reading it (not that I would tell anyone).  I guess 16 years of mostly all real good seasons but waiting (and I'm not by any means a Haks basher) does that to one. 

well, since I am a early 30s female....you might have to keep looking.  ;)

Not that there is anything wrong with welling up while reading articles.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, chicofelipe said:

They should reprint it on magazine quality paper.

I would suggest they sell 24 hours to a title on something like Barns and Noble so you can read it on the e-books. Mick Hatten from the St. Cloud Times has two books that were sold that way.

• Upvote 1

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, UND85 said:

Each year when we wonder who will sign early I often wonder how long it will be until Brad is offered and accepts another position somewhere else. If he ever had to fill out a time card for the Herald one would wonder if he is ever off the clock. I am also thankful for his dedication and his insight in what he does. There is a reason why fans of other hockey programs follow him and often he is the first read of the day for many across the World. Thank you Mr. Schlossman!

Well said, I have friends from MU that I will text every now and then and say, "Oh, man, blah blah blah." and they respond with, "Yeah, I follow Schlossman on twitter."

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, siouxforeverbaby said:

well, since I am a early 30s female....you might have to keep looking.  ;)

Not that there is anything wrong with welling up while reading articles.

Thx, I feel better now.  Yesterday our 18 year old daughter who just got home from completing her 1st year at MN St - Mankato was reading the Schlossman article (I got her an extra copy of the GF Herald Supplement) and she even shed had a few tears (surprised me).  For once my wife could not understand why she shed a tear over the article but as old pops I could completely relate (huge Sioux hockey fan since late 70s) with our great teams but near misses for the past 16 hears.  Daughter is a Mavs purple cow fan now (in the pep band there) bless her, but at heart having grown up in EGF with pops a UND alumnus and huge Sioux hockey fan and having taken her to many a game at the Ralph deep down her heart still bleeds green.  Other daughter is at U-Wis and she sits in the Badger student section end to cheer them sure (she picked a rotten 2 -3 years to attend there being she's a hockey fan!) on but same situation, deep down she still bleeds green.  And for that, I'm glad.

• Upvote 3

On 5/8/2016 at 10:35 PM, GDPritch said:

Thx, I feel better now.  Yesterday our 18 year old daughter who just got home from completing her 1st year at MN St - Mankato was reading the Schlossman article (I got her an extra copy of the GF Herald Supplement) and she even shed had a few tears (surprised me).  For once my wife could not understand why she shed a tear over the article but as old pops I could completely relate (huge Sioux hockey fan since late 70s) with our great teams but near misses for the past 16 hears.  Daughter is a Mavs purple cow fan now (in the pep band there) bless her, but at heart having grown up in EGF with pops a UND alumnus and huge Sioux hockey fan and having taken her to many a game at the Ralph deep down her heart still bleeds green.  Other daughter is at U-Wis and she sits in the Badger student section end to cheer them sure (she picked a rotten 2 -3 years to attend there being she's a hockey fan!) on but same situation, deep down she still bleeds green.  And for that, I'm glad.

All good.  Taz married a Mankato alum, but she bleeds green being from Nodak.  Brother in law is all about the Badger, and I've sat shoulder to shoulder with him at Camp Randall during "jump around" and I was all in for Bucky that football day.  Looking forward to where my kids may go,  coming sooner than I'd like to admit,  and having them cheer on their future Alma Mater.  Unless of course, they go to U of M.  Then, we have a serious problem.

"But taz, what if they were to get an athletic scholarship?   Full ride?  What then?"

Hmmmm.......

"Go Gophers!"

1 hour ago, Taz Boy said:

All good.  Taz married a Mankato alum, but she bleeds green being from Nodak.  Brother in law is all about the Badger, and I've sat shoulder to shoulder with him at Camp Randall during "jump around" and I was all in for Bucky that football day.  Looking forward to where my kids may go,  coming sooner than I'd like to admit,  and having them cheer on their future Alma Mater.  Unless of course, they go to U of M.  Then, we have a serious problem.

"But taz, what if they were to get an athletic scholarship?   Full ride?  What then?"

Hmmmm.......

"Go Gophers!"

As long as it's not in hockey...:)

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:14 PM, UND85 said:

Each year when we wonder who will sign early I often wonder how long it will be until Brad is offered and accepts another position somewhere else. If he ever had to fill out a time card for the Herald one would wonder if he is ever off the clock. I am also thankful for his dedication and his insight in what he does. There is a reason why fans of other hockey programs follow him and often he is the first read of the day for many across the World. Thank you Mr. Schlossman!

One of the running jokes we have is how some of the UMD Fans that hang on his every word and call him a cheer leader. It's almost stalker like behavior. I agree, we're lucky to have him covering UND hockey and other sports. Occasionally, he fills in at the speedway when Wayne is out of town. For awhile he had a perfect record of no rainouts when he covered racing.

schloss.PNG

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Brad Elliott Schlossman >> Bruce Ciskie

Next question. 

You beat me to it.
I could see the UMD fans just being jealous of not having the excellent coverage.  All media reporters are going to be a bit of a homer toward their market...that's who pays the bills. 

Although runningwiththedogs' infatuation with Brad is hysterical.  :D

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You beat me to it.
I could see the UMD fans just being jealous of not having the excellent coverage.  All media reporters are going to be a bit of a homer toward their market...that's who pays the bills. 

Although runningwiththedogs' infatuation with Brad is hysterical.  :D

Don't forget Spongebob

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:02 PM, Goon said:

One of the running jokes we have is how some of the UMD Fans that hang on his every word and call him a cheer leader. It's almost stalker like behavior. I agree, we're lucky to have him covering UND hockey and other sports. Occasionally, he fills in at the speedway when Wayne is out of town. For awhile he had a perfect record of no rainouts when he covered racing.

schloss.PNG

Prettiest bizun cheerleader of the year?

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:02 PM, Goon said:

schloss.PNG

Black and green

Baby queen

Prettiest girl I've ever seen