SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four in Tampa

Cratter

1 minute ago, siouxstudent said:

Funny this was the same situation for me in Denver as well.

Scalpers will tell ya anything. Asked their prices outside target center couple years ago for the semis...above face...we laughed and said we'll  walk inside and get tickets cheaper...as we turned to walk inside he said they were sold out. Which of course wasn't true.

Just wanted to add that the NCAA website now shows the "Frozen Four Events" Schedule

FROZEN FOUR SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

ALL EVENTS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

April 6, 11 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Open Team Practices Amalie Arena
April 7, 2:30 - 8:30 p.m. Frozen Fest Amalie Arena West Plaza
April 7, 3:30 & 6 p.m. Red Carpet Team Arrivals Amalie Arena
April 8, 4 - 5 p.m. NCAA Team Autograph Sessions Franklin Street Mall- Tampa Theatre
April 8, 5 - 6:30 p.m. Hobey Baker Award Presentation Tampa Theatre
April 9, 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Open Skate Amalie Arena
April 9, 4 - 8 p.m. Frozen Fest Amalie Arena West Plaza
April 9, 6:30 p.m. Red Carpet Team Arrivals Amalie Arena

Also an FYI Franklin Street Mall (Where Autograph Sessions and Hobey Baker Pres. (Tampa Theater) is close to the Arena, one block south on Franklin from all of this is a Hockey Sports Bar called "Hattrick's" which is pretty sweet and worth checking out if you are near there and want some food/Beers.

Hattrick's Website:     http://www.sportsbartampa.com/ 

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

I'll be grabbing drinks during the first semifinal on Thursday. If anyone wants my two tickets in 302 we would be willing to part with for $20 each. 

@keikla has one in 303 she may be willing to sell. 

Us too. We have 3 lower bowl corner seats tix to the 1st game as well. Also will sell for under face if you want, $50 each. Can meet at Ferg's.

4 hours ago, southpaw said:

I'll be grabbing drinks during the first semifinal on Thursday. If anyone wants my two tickets in 302 we would be willing to part with for $20 each. 

@keikla has one in 303 she may be willing to sell. 

I actually think I'm going to go to (most of) the first semi-final game.  I just keep thinking back to Boston last year.  That bar was absolutely packed HOURS before the pre-party 'officially' started.  I don't really want to force my way through super tight crowds with a freshly operated shoulder.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, keikla said:

I actually think I'm going to go to (most of) the first semi-final game.  I just keep thinking back to Boston last year.  That bar was absolutely packed HOURS before the pre-party 'officially' started.  I don't really want to force my way through super tight crowds with a freshly operated shoulder.

I'm going to the first semifinal game because it should be a really good game!

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I've known what he looks like for awhile and been to a few FF he's attended, but I think he hides outs out in the ports johns. 

Lol, I believe he is the guy that posts his picture standing in front of each of the site's? In Philly I seen a bunch, and I was always about 15 minutes behind him..:D

Can't wait for Thursday! I'm so nervous for the boys, I hope they do it this time! This program has soooooo much pressure on them that I think when they win this #8 and relieve the pressure, a few more will fall in their lap!

Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Lol, I believe he is the guy that posts his picture standing in front of each of the site's? In Philly I seen a bunch, and I was always about 15 minutes behind him..:D

Can't wait for Thursday! I'm so nervous for the boys, I hope they do it this time! This program has soooooo much pressure on them that I think when they win this #8 and relieve the pressure, a few more will fall in their lap!

Go Sioux!

I'm expecting that drink from you still...

No pressure....UND big underdogs (haven't beaten DU in the last three games)....one more game. :cool:

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 3:38 PM, Siouxfan2886 said:

There will be scalpers up and down Channelside Dr. (the road the Arena and Ferg's Live is on) also after the Thurs. games, the Championship tix should be easy to come by from the losing teams fans unloading them... 

great thanks!

8 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I'm expecting that drink from you still...

No pressure....UND big underdogs (haven't beaten DU in the last three games)....one more game. :cool:

No problem on the drink...

The pressure has nothing to do with who the team they're playing is. It's the pressure of expectations, from each of them, the program, and the pressure from the fans. 

#8 has to happen, then 9, and 10 will come easy....IMO.

I hope....go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

Just now, bigskyvikes said:

The pressure has nothing to do with who the team they're playing is. It's the pressure of expectations, from each of them, the program, and the pressure from the fans. 

#8 has to happen, then 9, and 10 will come easy....IMO.

I hope....go Sioux!

I know. Just having fun as the teams that aren't expected to win usually do (oh and private schools). 

After the hump, they might go on a "BC run" (or so we can hope). 

We thought the Ralph was going to start paying dividends right away (at least I know I did with ZPar and $.......and the B2B Natty Games), but in reality its starting to pay off recently when these kids grew up with knowing "the Ralph" and how consistently good UND is (and thus becoming "fans").

51 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Holy sh#*! Denver is the favorite?!

Wish I wouldn't have seen that!

Edit: Not sure if I read this correctly. Another site said ND is the favorite. These -150 +200 stuff always screws me up.

Card games, I'm a hell of a gambler, this stuff, not so much!:D

No the Sioux are the favorite.  -175 means bet $175 to win $100, +155 means be $100 to win $155.  The + or - 1½  means u you add or subtract that amount of the total goals scored for that team in order to win the bet.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

No the Sioux are the favorite.  -175 means bet $175 to win $100, +155 means be $100 to win $155.  The + or - 1½  means u you add or subtract that amount of the total goals scored for that team in order to win the bet.

Thank you....wow!

Do they count on people screwing up when they make bets?

For those going to the games, be ready for a $hit show after game one and before game two. 

With the first game starting at 5 and und going at 8:30, that will mean about an hour for the arena to clear out completely and then get everyone in. It's going to be ridiculous and I bet some people miss puck drop. 

37 minutes ago, southpaw said:

For those going to the games, be ready for a $hit show after game one and before game two. 

With the first game starting at 5 and und going at 8:30, that will mean about an hour for the arena to clear out completely and then get everyone in. It's going to be ridiculous and I bet some people miss puck drop. 

And almost everyone will miss warm-ups.  Guessing the first game goes til about 730 (assuming no OT).  If it takes about 30 minutes to get everyone out of the arena, then the doors reopen at the same time warm-ups start for the second game.  Not ideal.