Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
SWSiouxMN

2016-2017 Season

Recommended Posts

Per Tom Miller's article in the Herald, Solomon Rolls-Tyson has left the team and signed to play pro basketball in Norway. He was a transfer from Utah State Eastern College and had not played in any games this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Per Tom Miller's article in the Herald, Solomon Rolls-Tyson has left the team and signed to play pro basketball in Norway. He was a transfer from Utah State Eastern College and had not played in any games this season.

This is a good thing.  Apparently even with a redshirt year, it was unlikely he could contribute in the future.  Not sure why we even brought him in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

This is a good thing.  Apparently even with a redshirt year, it was unlikely he could contribute in the future.  Not sure why we even brought him in. 

Plus, it should open up a scholarship, I would think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

scholarship taken by class of 2017 recruits....Shanks and Bernstine may be eligible for grad transfer rule after this season

You really think Shanks would transfer somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, hoops44 said:

top 5 get a bye....4 plays 5 in round 2.  Getting a top 3 BSC finish is a solid plus

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AJS said:

UND jumped up to 170 in the RPI. 

Anyone know the highest we have ever been? I would think that's got to be close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Westside said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

ESPN Bracketology that was released today has UND as a #16 seed (play-in game  vs. Mount St. Mary - Winner facing Villanova)

Reminder that it would've been nice to get those early season wins against North Florida and Wright State.  Not $h*tting the bed against ndsu at home, Portland State, and Northern Arizona would've helped as well.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Westside said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

ESPN Bracketology that was released today has UND as a #16 seed (play-in game  vs. Mount St. Mary - Winner facing Villanova)

nice win at Summit league leader NDSU....might get them past the play in game...Looks like 6 teams have a shot to win the BSC tourney this season...Every team out there has games they lost but wish or think they should  have won....NDSU fans are probably whining about the home loss to UND.  Wins and Losses happen ...nothing noteworthy there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went through the RPI's of all 15 & 16 seeds (Per ESPN)

15

CSU Bakersfield - 84

FGC - 86

NDSU - 100

Furham - 104

16

UC Irvine - 156

NC Central - 196

16 (Play in)

Texas Southern - 127

Mount St Marys - 157

New Orleans - 167

UND - 171

Any idea why Texas Southern would be playing in one of the 2 play-in games and NC Central, which has the worst RPI, wouldn't? Regardless, UND has to keep winning and hope for upsets in other conference tournaments.

Bracket.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AJS said:

Went through the RPI's of all 15 & 16 seeds (Per ESPN)

15

CSU Bakersfield - 84

FGC - 86

NDSU - 100

Furham - 104

16

UC Irvine - 156

NC Central - 196

16 (Play in)

Texas Southern - 127

Mount St Marys - 157

New Orleans - 167

UND - 171

Any idea why Texas Southern would be playing in one of the 2 play-in games and NC Central, which has the worst RPI, wouldn't? Regardless, UND has to keep winning and hope for upsets in other conference tournaments.

Bracket.PNG

Think of this potential scenario.  UND/USD play-in game.  It could happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Air Force One said:

The Big Sky tournament winner gets a play-in game?

When that team goes 2-5 in non-conference play and loses to Northern Arizona, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

When that team goes 2-5 in non-conference play and loses to Northern Arizona, yes.

And if I read this right, the Summit Tournament winner (NDSU in this exercise) gets a #15 seed and no at large bid?  If the discussion on what conference was better, most seemed to believe the Summit was a much better basketball conference and should have the autobid and an at large.  Is this a down year for both the Big Sky and the Summit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Air Force One said:

And if I read this right, the Summit Tournament winner (NDSU in this exercise) gets a #15 seed and no at large bid?  If the discussion on what conference was better, most seemed to believe the Summit was a much better basketball conference and should have the autobid and an at large.  Is this a down year for both the Big Sky and the Summit?

Read the multiple posts on here about both being one bid leagues.  Neither will constently see an at large bid in the near future. 

I would say that the bottom of the big sky is down this year but the top teams are good.  Just like years past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

When that team goes 2-5 in non-conference play and loses to Northern Arizona, yes.

actually maybe is more accurate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UND losing those first two close games in Dayton over Thanksgiving hurt computer rankings also. Especially when North Florida has been around 260 in Ken Pom when I have checked. The DI non-conference record would be 4-3.

But it also took a 17 point second half comeback to win the last game there and prevent 1-6 record.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×