SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Quarters: #4 ISU vs #5 UND (3/10: 4:35 Central)

SWSiouxMN

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don't think Shanks is ever going to become a threat on the offensive end. He alligator arms everything too much. Can be a nice paint presence for the minutes he can stay out of foul trouble.

He needs to spend the summer with following people

Brekke and Wilmer

1 minute ago, Dagger said:

Announcers just made an incredible statement.  He said I guess we have to give UND some credit.  That is an understatement.

Unfortunately, even our own fans won't give our coach credit.  Underwhelming performances are all on Jones, great performances are all on the players.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, southpaw said:

Unfortunately, even our own fans won't give our coach credit.  Underwhelming performances are all on Jones, great performances are all on the players.

I think Jones has done a great job this year for the most part. Its people like hoops44 that make it difficult to rationalize the coaching situation. I just hope this freshman class can show more signs of development than the Huff class (yes they were a great class and were in a difficult situation just thought they could have been even better).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Finish this quickly and get some good minutes in the bench.  This might work out as the best case scenario for UND today, a "breather" of some sorts.

According to the announcers the reason UND is dominating is because we didn't get a breather - the play-in game was an unfair advantage. 

Very good first half. I have also been disappointed with the announcers. They seem to be biased for every team UND plays against, both M & W.

The color lady announcing the womens game against Montana couldn't even hide it. Pretty close to bush league.

2 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Shanks needs to be told to just take up space and rebound we don't need him to try and score - he usually can't anyway. 

Exactly but 80% of the time he tries to move to the basket/put up a shot and 7 times out of 10 he has the ball stripped or he misses.