SiouxSports.com Forum

Quinapiac?

Fetch

8 minutes ago, Fetch said:

So are they really that good ?

Must have a good goalie ?

I know someone who went to school there but she knows nothing about Hockey

They're good. If I was a fan of their team, I would be concerned. They've won a lot of games in O.T..

The ECAC is a much better conference than it used to be. Probably the 3rd best after the NCHC and Hockey, but the gap between them isn't very big. You have to be pretty good to make it through a full regular season with only two losses. Also consider they went 2-0 against Yale and Harvard and swept St. Cloud. 

As Goon said, they probably should be a little worried about all of the overtime games because at some point it will bite them in the rear. Doesn't mean they are not a great team this year.

Sometimes a team that wins a lot of close games seems like it is living on borrowed time, but being able to win in those situations is also a sign of a quality that team has to come through when the game is on the line.  For one thing, the goaltender has to be good under pressure.

Part of me isn't sure what to think of them because we did play them in regionals last year, and I wasn't blown away, but that was last year and like it was already said, you don't win that many games by accident.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Tampa, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them exit in the first round either. 

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Part of me isn't sure what to think of them because we did play them in regionals last year, and I wasn't blown away, but that was last year and like it was already said, you don't win that many games by accident.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Tampa, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see them exit in the first round either. 

I have to agree with you. During last season's regionals, they looked like a good 6-10 team, nothing special, but they're a good hockey team. I do remember their coach making a quip about the rink not being a neutral site. 

28 minutes ago, Goon said:

I have to agree with you. During last season's regionals, they looked like a good 6-10 team, nothing special, but they're a good hockey team. I do remember their coach making a quip about the rink not being a neutral site. 

Just like Wooooster isn't a neutral site for the Boston schools.

30 minutes ago, Goon said:

I remember him saying Anas wasn't going to be in the game, but then he goes and inserts his Anas anyways...

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Just like Wooooster isn't a neutral site for the Boston schools.

He, he, he. Talk about a run down city. 

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I remember him saying Anas wasn't going to be in the game, but then he goes and inserts his Anas anyways...

I think he was still dinged up badly because he was a step slow. 

19 hours ago, Goon said:

They're good. If I was a fan of their team, I would be concerned. They've won a lot of games in O.T..

They are 4-1-7 in overtime which is a lot of overtime, but in 2011 when Duluth won it all, they were 7-2-6, so they seemed to find a way to win those games even better.  I always thought it would catch up to Duluth that year, but it worked for them. When it gets down to this time of year, it's about finding a way to win, period.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, tnt said:

They are 4-1-7 in overtime which is a lot of overtime, but in 2011 when Duluth won it all, they were 7-2-6, so they seemed to find a way to win those games even better.  I always thought it would catch up to Duluth that year, but it worked for them. When it gets down to this time of year, it's about finding a way to win, period.

What worked out for them was Michigan throwing the puck out of the rink for two periods after having the fortune of going up by one against us.  UMD would have gotten spanked by the Sioux just like they did that Christmas at the new arenas opening game-No OT needed...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, yababy8 said:

What worked out for them was Michigan throwing the puck out of the rink for two periods after having the fortune of going up by one against us.  UMD would have gotten spanked by the Sioux just like they did that Christmas at the new arenas opening game-No OT needed...

But they have the National Championship that year, not us.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda!   Weren't we supposed to spank Michigan too? That's why it amazes me how many times people underestimate teams, especially teams that have a record like Quinnipiac.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Ha. Duluth got lucky because UND lost to Michigan the day before. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, tnt said:

But they have the National Championship that year, not us.  Shoulda, woulda, coulda!   Weren't we supposed to spank Michigan too? That's why it amazes me how many times people underestimate teams, especially teams that have a record like Quinnipiac.  

Amen

17 hours ago, Goon said:

Ha. Duluth got lucky because UND lost to Michigan the day before. 

At some point, every team that wins a National Championship has a moment or many moments where you can say, "they got lucky".  We got lucky in '97 when BU beat a loaded Michigan team. Providence got lucky last year when BU's goalie became afraid of his shadow, and so on ...

2 hours ago, tnt said:

At some point, every team that wins a National Championship has a moment or many moments where you can say, "they got lucky".  We got lucky in '97 when BU beat a loaded Michigan team. Providence got lucky last year when BU's goalie became afraid of his shadow, and so on ...

The truth.  Although I can't find it on youtube, I recall thinking we caught a break when Clemmensen let in Goren's game-tying goal in '00.   Seeing that goal again might prove me wrong, but I think it was one a good goalie will usually stop.  Clemmensen was definitely good, but he had his moments.

21 hours ago, tnt said:

So true.  But I like a team with tons of scoring prowess to offset/lessen the probability we could end up at the short end and lose to a significantly inferior team such as Michigan was in '11.  

I think we have that team this year.  Hence I feel good about us not losing to a team we are significantly better than this year.  Still have to beat the good ones.  :-)

5 hours ago, tnt said:

Hockey is game of breaks. For sure.