SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO

AZSIOUX

Two weekends left before the post season. UND swept UMD in Grand Forks this last weekend by the same score both nights 2-1. UNO was swept at home by SCSU by the scores 4-1, 6-3.

These two teams split in Grand Forks Jan15,16 with Ortega getting the Friday night game winner in OT and UND beat them 5-1 on that Saturday scoring 5 unanswered.

**CAM 2nd nation GAA 1.43  and SV% .940. Yale goalie Lyon lead both 

**UND 2nd nation 1.823 goals against 

**ORTEGA leads nation game winning goals with 8

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

UND 24-5-3 -- 15-4-1-1 4th pairwise 

UNO 18-11-1 -- 8-11-1-0 11th pairwise 

UND last 2 series  - @UNO, WMU

SCSU last 2 series - UMD, @CC

DU last 2 series - @WMU, UNO

image.jpg

collegehockeynews.com

Such a big series. I hope these games are on TV somehow. I did see the WDAZ Extra is picking up the Saturday game. Perhaps I will need to get some rabbit ears for that as I have Directv? Only seeing NCHC.tv for the Friday game though. Did I mention how badly I want to sweep these guys in their own barn. UNO seems to play extra tough against us. Their fans already think they are getting 1 if not 2 wins this weekend. I hope that is not the case. However Ill say this series is a split.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Such a big series. I hope these games are on TV somehow. I did see the WDAZ Extra is picking up the Saturday game. Perhaps I will need to get some rabbit ears for that as I have Directv? Only seeing NCHC.tv for the Friday game though. Did I mention how badly I want to sweep these guys in their own barn. UNO seems to play extra tough against us. Their fans already think they are getting 1 if not 2 wins this weekend. I hope that is not the case. However Ill say this series is a split.

Both games are on NCHC.tv. Saturday's game is also going to be on ASN.

Obviously we just need to take care of business and control what we can control by winning. But it would do a lot for to SCSU get some losses. UND will also need to make some noise in the NCHC playoffs. Right not it is looking very difficult for us to overtake SCSU in the pairwise, which could have some seeding implications when it comes to playing in St. Paul.

Unless, the NCAA is smart enough to realize that North Dakota would sell out the X, and SCSU won't; but considering they still think that having regionals in places like Cinicinatti is a good idea, I won't get my hopes up. I can't imagine the whining we would hear from Husky fans, if they edged us in the pairwise, and didn't go to St Paul.

Is the plan to meet up at Pauli's Bar by the Baxter before the game? Also, anyone looking for tickets, www.ticketexpress.com, a local omaha company, still has a bunch of tickets for sale and just reduced their prices significantly. Tickets now $35.00 and I expect to see them to continue to decline in price.

14 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Two wins? They have fans predicting they will sweep a team who's been swept exactly 1 time since 2011 on the road, one time anywhere since 2013 and has lost 5 times on the season? Good lord.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Both games are on NCHC.tv. Saturday's game is also going to be on ASN.

Sounds like these are going to be the only options huh. So they want $35 for the rest of the season on NCHC.tv which is essentially $17.50 per game as this weekends series is all I want. Kinda steep for 2 games. I dont believe ASN is available on Directv.

12 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Sounds like these are going to be the only options huh. So they want $35 for the rest of the season on NCHC.tv which is essentially $17.50 per game as this weekends series is all I want. Kinda steep for 2 games. I dont believe ASN is available on Directv.

Depending on where you are, there may be a bar that has the game. Though, drinking and eating at a bar, will be more expensive than 17.50.

2 minutes ago, MuggsyGobes said:

Schloss just tweeted he is hearing Stecher will be suspended for Friday night's game.

That doesn't surprise me...........that was a LJ move from someone that I wouldn't have expected it from.

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hearing that Troy Stecher will be suspended for Friday's game against Omaha for his CFB major at 20:00 of the third period Saturday night.

Frustrating to me because that's a five and no misconduct if that play is made with 5:30 minutes left.

Does Stech deserve the 5? Absolutely. Not a suspendable hit, to me, but I understand it, I guess.

Just now, siouxstudent said:

? Was just letting people with Directv know they could get the Saturday game ?

Nothing against you:D I'm guessing you used the guide/menu on the remote....pretty simple task. But the same question will be asked at least another 50 times before Friday

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Frustrating to me because that's a five and no misconduct if that play is made with 5:30 minutes left.

Does Stech deserve the 5? Absolutely. Not a suspendable hit, to me, but I understand it, I guess.

Agreed very surprising to me that he would be suspended and I definitely disagree with it.

50 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hearing that Troy Stecher will be suspended for Friday's game against Omaha for his CFB major at 20:00 of the third period Saturday night.

Cripes, we don't need this right now! :angry:

30 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Agreed very surprising to me that he would be suspended and I definitely disagree with it.

Like I said before, nothing out of the ordinary for a 5 minute major, but since it happened at the end they feel they need to give him something.  If that is the case, then why does Neil Pionk get off with nothing for his 10 minute misconduct for verbal abuse of an official.  How about some consistency.  

• Upvote 3