SiouxSports.com Forum

"Husky Women"

KirkEisenbeis

I guess for me when I am chanting "Husky Women" I am doing it in support of all ladies who have triumphantly defeated anorexia! 

I always took the "Husky Women" chant in a different way in college, I just thought it was referring to SCSU being wimpy. 

Edited by siouxforce19

Maybe they should change their name, so husky women can't be marginalized. People, not logos.

The Husky "nickname" is obviously Hostile and abusive due to how other teams pervert the use of it.  

Sanctions should be coming down this week.

Sound familiar Jan Brady? start budgeting for legal fees, consultants and the removal from campus of all logos and use.

• Upvote 1

Haha, nice first post, you'll be banned soon. I bet the team you cheer for all the fans are  very respectful? 

Not highschool, but one year later....

Banned for that comment? Surely the admin has seen worse. And no, there are idiots in every crowd. UND has more fans than most hockey programs, so there are more idiots ...

The Husky "nickname" is obviously Hostile and abusive due to how other teams pervert the use of it.  

Sanctions should be coming down this week.

Sound familiar Jan Brady? start budgeting for legal fees, consultants and the removal from campus of all logos and use.

I think the Huskies nickname is offensive to dogs. :)

Edited by Goon

A little background to this:

15 or 20 years ago, the announcers used to say "Please welcome your Husky Hockey Cheerleaders" and other such things, which set up an obvious play on words with its double meaning.  I remember UND crowds back then chanting "she's not that fat" in response, which I think was at least fairly clever. 

Most of the chants from this weekend, on the other hand, seemed no more clever than the guy who tried to scream over the performer while singing the national anthem.  I'm not saying that people don't have a right to chant them, just that some of the chants don't represent the fan base as well as they could if they put a little more thought into it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't like the cheer. Wouldn't do it in front of my girls, my sister, my mother, my grandmother, or any of yours. More so, I feel it is more a reflection of the the hurler of the cheer and not the intended target. I can't recover the stone after I throw it. Not perfect here, been there done that, just trying to move onward and upward. Some bumps in the road of my life have led to more careful introspection. But, we remain a free people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The husky women chant is stupid - I much prefer Gopher Rejects - but do you really expect to accomplish anything with this thread?

I think Gopher Rejects gives WAAAAYYY too much credit to Minnesota. Think about the talent playing for SCSU right now. Minny would be begging for those boys, at this point.

• Upvote 3