SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BADgers - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

We didn't play great, but UW isn't exactly a terrible team. At least not as terrible as Schloss' "What Happened to Wisconsin" article would lead everyone to believe. 

A kick in the pants will help my favorite squad, but I never had any expectations of them blowing UW out of the building in the first place. 

Hoping for a solid effort and a win tonight.

We didn't play great, but UW isn't exactly a terrible team. At least not as terrible as Schloss' "What Happened to Wisconsin" article would lead everyone to believe. 

A kick in the pants will help my favorite squad, but I never had any expectations of them blowing UW out of the building in the first place. 

Hoping for a solid effort and a win tonight.

I was just saying, everyone knows how bad wisco has been, why the heck did Schloss need to write that piece. Karma sucks.

• Upvote 2

Where is gfhockey? I fully expected him on here saying tippett would have won that one, or Blais would have had the boys ready to play .... blah blah blah natty

A lot of new names on here saying dumb sh*tt are you sure he's not here?  Lol, look up one. 

Edit, that's one from your original post...

Edited by bigskyvikes

The guys definitely got outskated for 75% of the game. Hrynkiw wasn't too bad, maybe only the 3rd goal could be on him. I think all three Wisc goals saw Stecher and Ausmus on the ice. The D was just slow in general. UW gave the forwards zero space, but when the guys did get open they played it way cute 

This was a bad loss, but it shows a completely different style of play to them. Need to see much more tenacity tonight. 

Seemed the 1st 2 periods were all a struggle to get the puck in then dump at blue line & chase with 1 or 2 & change lines - hard for 1 or 2 on 5 to get much done

Plus they were beating us in just about every phase of the game skating passing shooting & yes coaching

Edited by Fetch

Wisco played fast, disciplined, inspired hockey.  Their goalie was good, too.  UND pulled one of it's typical "home flat" nights (seems like 2 or 3 of those happen every season), and there you go, bad loss for UND.

This weekend may go a long way in teaching the team to play hard-nosed hockey.  We shall see how they respond tonight.

Eaves did his homework, and their goalie stood tall.

And if DH was behind the UND bench, this board would be in flames this morning because of how unprepared the team was against an inferior opponent.  

I guess somewhere during the time-frame between Dave Haskstol leaving for Philly and last night, Mike Eaves transformed into Toe Blake and the Badgers morphed into the 1972 Soviet team.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And if DH was behind the UND bench, this board would be in flames this morning because of how unprepared the team was against an inferior opponent.  

I guess somewhere during the time-frame between Dave Haskstol leaving for Philly and last night, Mike Eaves transformed into Toe Blake and the Badgers morphed into the 1972 Soviet team.

There would be a Fire Hakstol thread, too.

I want to know why in the first period the Wisconsin guy didnt get a roughing penalty for punching Stecher in the face, thats contact to the head, shouldnt that be a 5and the game? Ok not going that far but at least a roughing penalty?

This, and why if the goalie is holding the puck and the opponent pushes him into the net is it a goal? And why would it not be reviewed? 

• Upvote 1

Wisco played fast, disciplined, inspired hockey.  Their goalie was good, too.  UND pulled one of it's typical "home flat" nights (seems like 2 or 3 of those happen every season), and there you go, bad loss for UND.

This weekend may go a long way in teaching the team to play hard-nosed hockey.  We shall see how they respond tonight.

So you're saying this can happen to hockey teams even if Hak isn't the coach? Who would've thunk it?

This, and why if the goalie is holding the puck and the opponent pushes him into the net is it a goal? And why would it not be reviewed? 

Yeah, noticed they just tried to pitchfork his pads over the goal line.  How about reviewing that.  Was hoping we could get that 2 goal lead and get Wisconsin thinking "here we go again".

I want to know why in the first period the Wisconsin guy didnt get a roughing penalty for punching Stecher in the face, thats contact to the head, shouldnt that be a 5and the game? Ok not going that far but at least a roughing penalty?

The officiating was abysmal, for sure.  Whistles were in the pockets, and just about anything and everything passed for hockey.  I almost choked when LJ got called for holding when I'd already seen several such instances from both sides. 

I'm guessing we'll see the other side of the coin tonight...ref's might whistle everything and start a parade to the box. 

We just need to play for sixty tonight like we played the last 20 last night and keep our hands on our sticks.  That, and keep getting Caggs the puck down low.  :-)

GO SIOUX!!!

The officiating was abysmal, for sure.  Whistles were in the pockets, and just about anything and everything passed for hockey. 

GO SIOUX!!!

There was a lot of interference that went uncalled last night. I can think of two specific instances where the UW players interfered with a UND player in the slot and went uncalled. The one that made me cringe was the one that happened right before LJ's penalty.

I still want to know why Stecher getting punched in the face wasnt called, was it cuz he didnt punch back so they would both go? So we now know you can punch and not get a penalty and you can push the goalie in the net and get a goal

Yep, both bad calls. But I still think we lose last night regardless.