SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Vermont - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

I know it's an even bigger issue with the vote being this week, but can we please leave the nickname discussions to that specific Siouxsports forum topic?  I'm not trying to be rude, but I've been intentionally avoiding the seemingly endless back and forth debates,  and now it's infiltrating the hockey topic.

thank you!

great shutout by Hrynkiw but d cleared out juicy rebounds and limited grade a opportunities. We just looked like a flat out better team.

Give up, you will never convince me or anyone that knows Wally, that he wants what he thinks is better for UND! Just Google some of the shyt he has said about the Sioux! 

so he's doing reverse psychology then?  he WANTS und to embaress themselves by being the University of North Dakota NoDaks?

It's actually a very fair point.   This thread is about the game on the ice.   Discussions about the nickname, or how the pbp guy may have referred to UND's team should be discussed in the Nickname forum threads.  Let's try to keep it that way.

Edited by dagies

Over matched

great overall road win. Think they have a 15 game unbeaten non conference streak or close to that. That's a hell of a streak. Play like that Saturday and it will be a sweep back to gf. Seem more free offensively. Fun to watch 

I know, its early, I know, its the Catamounts, but.....this article makes me hollar, hell ya! Reading what this coach describes in an opponent is very exciting! Especially one of his examples being Omaha, that they played, and we should think as one of our toughest opponents! 

I smell something brewing with this Sioux team! This is shaping up to be a 4 goal achieving team!

1) Win the League

2) Win the Frozen Faceoff (please, with authority)

3) Win the Regional

4) Win the whole #$%$#$% thing!

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself, but wow, this team is absolutely EXCITING!

http://www.undsports.com/downloads2/1108104.htm?ATCLID=210446888&SPSID=58684&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

Odd statistic of the night:  Schmaltz with 0 shots on goal.  The only one of the 18 skaters without a SOG.  Not saying he had a bad game, because he had the gorgeous pass on goal #2. 

OK who had Simonson as the #1 star going into the game?  (Although they could have given it to Santa last night and I would have been okay with that.)   That line not only got the first goal, but was really solid all night long.

It's too early for pairwise to be that relevant. It's going to fluctuate a lot until more games are played. 

PWR doesn't even really exist yet -- as long as there are teams with undefined RPIs (which there are still about half a dozen), the PWR calculations aren't stable.

• Upvote 1

For those not from the northeast, I offer a fun tidbit: the University of Vermont is referred to as "UVM" as opposed to "UVT."  Don't ask me why it's called UVM and not UVT, but it is!  I've asked my friends that go there and I still haven't received a good answer, or any answer for that matter. I guess you could call that a "fun fact"? 

Anyway, Herrinkyew holding his own out there, with great help from the defense of course! Some good chances offensively, and one of them has to go in eventually! Let's go Sioux!

It's either Latin or French abbreviation (I forget which) for green mountain.