SiouxSports.com Forum

NoiseInsideMyHead

Legal minds on this board:

Will this actually cause the vote next week to be delayed/stopped?

Well, to get a TRO followed by injunctive relief they need to show some likelihood of success on the merits.  Without seeing the allegations in the complaint, I cannot imagine how this lawsuit has any merit.  Any link to the complaint?

How is pointing out that they are in the Bargaining stage criticism?

All you do is attack people who supported the Fighting Sioux name.  "it's painfully obvious."

You criticized them for continuing to support the Fighting Sioux.  Then you criticized them for supporting "North Dakota" when it was still an option.  Now your criticizing them for supporting "Nodaks" when it is still an option.  You put more effort into hating on Fighting Sioux supporters than the Fighting Sioux supporters even put into keeping the old nickname.

• Upvote 3

All you do is attack people who supported the Fighting Sioux name.  "it's painfully obvious."

You criticized them for continuing to support the Fighting Sioux.  Then you criticized them for supporting "North Dakota" when it was still an option.  Now your criticizing them for supporting "Nodaks" when it is still an option.  You put more effort into hating on Fighting Sioux supporters than the Fighting Sioux supporters even put into keeping the old nickname.

AMEN brother!!!!!! Jdub to a T!!

I like the Fighting ... (ok Hawks).  Roughriders bother me, do we really want opposing teams to throw empty roughrider condom boxes on the ice.  Maybe it will never happen but it has a potential to be a rotten situation.

Not trying to argue with you, but I think this "roughrider condom" thing is a bunch of scare tactics that have grown its own legs. I have never heard of condoms being thrown on the ice in Cedar Rapids.  I have never heard of condoms being thrown on the ice/field at Red River supporting events.  I have never heard of condoms being thrown on the field in Saskatchewan.

Frankly, I guess I don't care if opposing schools want to throw dick hats on their own ice/playing field.  In all likelihood, their school will probably end up getting penalized for the crowd's conduct.

• Upvote 1

I like the Fighting ... (ok Hawks).  Roughriders bother me, do we really want opposing teams to throw empty roughrider condom boxes on the ice.  Maybe it will never happen but it has a potential to be a rotten situation.

Does USC or any of the several other NCAA schools that use Trojans have this problem?  How many high school teams have Trojans as their nickname.  Are they dealing with people throwing condoms on the playing field?  What about Red River?  Have you ever heard of a story where condoms were thrown out by opposing fans?  Sure there is potential to happen, but the likelihood of it happening is pretty low.  Heck, does anyone even throw stuff on the field/ice/court anymore?  Not too common at sporting events. 

Does USC or any of the several other NCAA schools that use Trojans have this problem?  How many high school teams have Trojans as their nickname.  Are they dealing with people throwing condoms on the playing field?  What about Red River?  Have you ever heard of a story where condoms were thrown out by opposing fans?  Sure there is potential to happen, but the likelihood of it happening is pretty low.  Heck, does anyone even throw stuff on the field/ice/court anymore?  Not too common at sporting events. 

I recall a dead Badger about 2 to 3 years ago :D:p

I have no hate. Again, read the comments. They are going through the grief stages and are currently at bargaining.  Where is the criticism in that?

The criticism I do have is for those who hold any nickname in a higher regard than the University which includes those who would be fine with the school being under sanctions (real or perceived) just so they could have their nickname.

• Upvote 2

Complaint also alleges violations of equal protection under North Dakota constitution; violation of opens meeting act; breach of contract; and promissory estoppel.

Pretty much throwing out every legal term they could think of in hopes that something sticks?

• Upvote 2