SiouxSports.com Forum

Nothing happened today in Grand Forks

NoiseInsideMyHead

Yes, let there be discussion about what would possess someone to perform such an act, then what would possess a person to make light of it.

Yes, please don't make light of events in Grand Forks . . . That's what the Fargo thread is for, where making light of deadly events is fair game.

They pulled a body out of the river in Grand Forks yesterday. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/local/3776002-update-police-recover-body-red-river-after-daylong-search

"Pigeon was last seen leaving the Level 10 bar about 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Police received the report of his disappearance Sunday.

Police said earlier Monday they did not suspect foul play in Pigeon’s disappearance.

• 2 weeks later...

""Several people, including some with lawn chairs, sat outside the perimeter to watch. Some had parked vehicles in parking lots at other stores surrounding Wal-Mart, including Grease Monkey.""

Well it was at Walmart.  :D

If I were to guess it was a "threat/hoax."

In High School we had to go to the gym once or twice as someone called in a bomb threat (good thing the "bomb" wasn't in the gym).

It happened at Central in 1991 we had to go to the gym because of a bomb scare.

• 4 weeks later...

An arrest yesterday of a UND faculty member. 

If he's guilty I hope he gets everything coming his way.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/crime-and-courts/3812542-updated-und-department-chairman-arrested-allegedly-possessing-child

Always shocking to see someone you know fairly well go down like this.  He should get what he deserves if found guilty.

I didn't think there was anything more creepy than that, but, somehow, him being with the med school makes even creepier.  :shudders:

i don't find it any extra creepy. IIf he specialized in PEDS then.... Well... Different story.

I feel awful for his family... Particularly his children.

An arrest yesterday of a UND faculty member. 

If he's guilty I hope he gets everything coming his way.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/crime-and-courts/3812542-updated-und-department-chairman-arrested-allegedly-possessing-child

$25,000 bail?  What an effin' joke.  700+ pictures and over 100 videos.  Way to protect the public there, judge! 

$25,000 bail?  What an effin' joke.  700+ pictures and over 100 videos.  Way to protect the public there, judge! 

is he any sort of threat to the public?

His professional life is done. He has children at UND... What are they going to do? Overall, sad deal.  

is he any sort of threat to the public?

His professional life is done. He has children at UND... What are they going to do? Overall, sad deal.  

Any sort of threat to the public?  Would you want this guy sitting on a park bench at a kids' playground in your neighborhood tomorrow afternoon?

Any sort of threat to the public?  Would you want this guy sitting on a park bench at a kids' playground in your neighborhood tomorrow afternoon?

I doubt his family will be letting him out of sight.  I'm not opposed to a higher bail but I won't complain about his current deal.

His life is toast the way it is.