SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Hastings signs a 8 year contract with Mankato.

Shane Frederick @puckato

MSU is announcing new 8-year contract with Mike Hastings, unveiled on scoreboard rendering.

Shane Frederick @puckato

According to MSU athletic director Kevin Buisman, Hastings' contract is worth $290K annually.

I still think Hasting will try to get the Omaha job when Blais retires.

Three schools are interested in Casey DeSmith, one is Wisconsin.

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 12m12 minutes ago

Re: DeSmith, 3 schools allegedly interested in former UNH netminder. He is awaiting potential waver from NCAA to be able to play right away.

I could see UND looking at him.

It's terrible to say about a college kid, but all I see is baggage

In Tomek We Trust. 

It's terrible to say about a college kid, but all I see is baggage.

In Tomek We Trust.

Tomek is the man, but.....

Read the main article, seems like a kid that got falsly accused of crimes. The so called victim even fessed up to never being hit! The resisting arrest....well being blamed for things I didn't do, I would resist also. Seems like a good kid that got into trouble because an ex-girlfriend was mad and made up stories..

Tomek is the man, but.....

Read the main article, seems like a kid that got falsly accused of crimes. The so called victim even fessed up to never being hit! The resisting arrest....well being blamed for things I didn't do, I would resist also. Seems like a good kid that got into trouble because an ex-girlfriend was mad and made up stories..

Agreed.  http://www.concordmonitor.com/sports/14788795-95/former-unh-goalie-casey-desmith-comments-on-media-coverage-of-his-arrest-and-suspension

Three schools are interested in Casey DeSmith, one is Wisconsin.

Jeff Cox ‏@JeffCoxSports 12m12 minutes ago

Re: DeSmith, 3 schools allegedly interested in former UNH netminder. He is awaiting potential waver from NCAA to be able to play right away.

I could see UND looking at him.

I don't see a fit here but, if he can get a waiver this has Wisconsin all over it.....they are desperate for a tendy

True, the new contract was done to keep him from leaving.

The word I hear I'd that he wants to keep his family life more stable than moving again and again. He had a quote today that seemed to reinforce that. I wouldn't be so sure he's looking to move anywhere. Family is a powerful thing and can keep you from moving if it adversely affects them.

The word I hear I'd that he wants to keep his family life more stable than moving again and again. He had a quote today that seemed to reinforce that. I wouldn't be so sure he's looking to move anywhere. Family is a powerful thing and can keep you from moving if it adversely affects them.

I'd think Mankato to St. Paul would be a palpable move for the Hastings clan.

I'd think Mankato to St. Paul would be a palpable move for the Hastings clan.

It's still picking up your family and moving them. Its teenagers.leaving friends and going to another school. I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying that the word I've heard is they really like living in kato.

Also, remember Hastings was an assistant with the gophers and left after 1 year for the same job in omaha. Quality 9f life is more important to some people than the program they lead. Again, I'm not personally friends with the Hastings family, so I don't know anything specifically. I do know that if he does leave at some point, I'm going to be thankful for the level he's put our program on and I'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.