SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Even better have a 20:00 5 on 5 overtime and after 20:00 if the game is still tied it goes down as a tie.

Only issue with this is the break to resurface the ice sheet.  Games are already 2:30 hours long, add in another 15-20 to redo the ice and you're looking at games over 3 hours which is the probably baseball was having.

• Upvote 1

95% certain the University of Jamestown will have a hockey team for the 2016-17 season. Won't be a club team as they will be in an ACHA member which is what Minot St. is. I really hope this works out. I think Jamestown would support it well.

95% certain the University of Jamestown will have a hockey team for the 2016-17 season. Won't be a club team as they will be in an ACHA member which is what Minot St. is. I really hope this works out. I think Jamestown would support it well.

ACHA is club hockey.

Only issue with this is the break to resurface the ice sheet.  Games are already 2:30 hours long, add in another 15-20 to redo the ice and you're looking at games over 3 hours which is the probably baseball was having.

why resurafce?  just let them go and if the game ends on a bad bounce so be it.  anything is better than deciding a point by shootout.

• Upvote 1

Then I am mistaken. I know it won't be club hockey as the school is paying for everything with scholarships.

NCAA D3?

Some of the better ACHA D1 teams recruit players like Arizona, Iowa State, and Illinois State (Illinois State just moved to ACHA D1). 

NCAA D3?

Some of the better ACHA D1 teams recruit players like Arizona, Iowa State, and Illinois State (Illinois State just moved to ACHA D1). 

Not sure as nothing is written in stone yet. Regardless of what division they are in I'm looking forward to having another reason to go the rink during the hockey season.

Not sure as nothing is written in stone yet. Regardless of what division they are in I'm looking forward to having another reason to go the rink during the hockey season.

That might get me up to the rink also. Are they just using Wilson?

They would use the Wilson. The Eagles Arena holds maybe 200 folks at the most.

Yeah, didn't figure Eagles was an option, just wasn't sure if they were building one, since it seems to be a perpetual state of construction up there.

Yeah, didn't figure Eagles was an option, just wasn't sure if they were building one, since it seems to be a perpetual state of construction up there.

Unfortunately a new rink isn't in any of the plans for the future. Plenty of ice time though to support a college team.

The dumpster fire of UW Hockey blazes on.

I don't see much other than a big change at HC that can right the ship.

Wait.....those B1G network games will save them all.

It is a shame it's not great for college hockey as a whole to have a devastated Wisconsin.

Sounds like the Badgers incoming Freshman goaltender Luke Opilka will not be playing for the Badgers.

Brian Posick ‏@brian_posick 34m34 minutes ago Wisconsin, USA

Multiple sources have confirmed 2015 recruit goaltender Luke Opilka @Lopi917 will not play @BadgerMHockey #stlblues #ohl

The dumpster fire of UW Hockey blazes on.

I don't see much other than a big change at HC that can right the ship.

Wait.....those B1G network games will save them all.

It is a shame it's not great for college hockey as a whole to have a devastated Wisconsin.

That's why I think Gwoz is going to take a year off and head up Wisconsin next year.

Why not?

He still could end up being Philly's AHL Head Coach (I haven't heard if the position was filled yet), since it sounds like they want a coach that can develop the young talent for the Flyers. There is also the potential for three B1G head coaching positions to open up next year (Michigan, Michigan State, and Wisconsin). I'm getting the feeling for Badger fans on other message boards that Berry Alvarez, the guy who wanted the B1G Hockey conference, doesn't really care about the men's hockey program or isn't showing that he cares.