SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Wisconsin could loose another recruit, Trent Frederic.

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2015/08/18/icedogs-doing-a-sales-job

I get the feeling that he might take a look at other NCAA schools.

Bill Burke was thrilled to be able to show off the Meridian Centre.

“It’s the final ace in the hole,” he said. “In the old days we ran a great program and a great team. We had great structure we put in place and culture but there was that dressing room and that facility. Now you walk in here and this is where you want to be to develop your skills. It’s an amazing facility for us.”

Burke admitted it was tough to lure top prospects when the IceDogs called Jack Gatecliff Arena home.

“Trying to entice an American that was coming up here and heading to Michigan or Michigan State, the facilities you were competing against . . . This is the best. We have the video and training facilities. It’s their home away from home. It’s second to none.”

Haha.  Comparing any arena's facilities to Michigan's Yost is humorous.
Someone should give Bill Burke a tour of the Ralph.  :)

Coach Stork will be putting together the first Jimmie hockey team, and will be spending the next year recruiting, scheduling and planning for the team's first season.

The University of Jamestown will apply for admission to the American Collegiate Hockey Association and compete at the Division 1 level.

• Upvote 1

Coach Stork will be putting together the first Jimmie hockey team, and will be spending the next year recruiting, scheduling and planning for the team's first season.

The University of Jamestown will apply for admission to the American Collegiate Hockey Association and compete at the Division 1 level.

Love this guy already after reading this quote:

"My whole coaching career I have thrived on the challenges that lie ahead in creating and building a hockey program. We must be patient in the build, but with the experience I have coaching professional athletes I know we will be a very competitive college hockey program. I live, eat and breathe hockey--it's the competitive nature in me that makes me want to win every day in life. The love that I have for this game cannot be measured. My heart and soul will be completely committed to the University of Jamestown."

Here's a video of the flood damage to the Ritchie Center at DU.

http://www.denverpioneers.com/sports/athletics/spec-rel/072715aaa.html

That's a shame. Although I would be willing to bet that when they get some workers in their to clean the place up, it will be the most people in that arena since the last time UND was there. :D

But seriously, hope they get it cleaned up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

What was the problems with the Force ?

I've enjoyed every game I've been to 

My grandsons do to

I'm looking forward to Eades

It is just a matter of time until they will become a dynasty - Eades is that good

Edited by Fetch

Tickets go on sale next Friday for the "Battle On Blake" (the outdoor game between CC and DU in February at Coors Field).

As a season ticket holder, I'll be able to get in on the pre-sale which starts this coming Monday. If anyone is interested, let me know as I plan to buy my tickets first thing Monday.

Dan (701)335-9035

Tickets go on sale next Friday for the "Battle On Blake" (the outdoor game between CC and DU in February at Coors Field).

As a season ticket holder, I'll be able to get in on the pre-sale which starts this coming Monday. If anyone is interested, let me know as I plan to buy my tickets first thing Monday.

Dan (701)335-9035

For the Battle On Blake, I got in on the Friday pre-sale for DU season ticket holders so if anyone is interested, I'll be glad to forward you the email I, as a CC season ticket holder, will receive for the pre-sale this Monday. It'll come with a password and you'll be directed to a Ticketmaster link where one can get tickets. Go Tigers!

Dan

Michigan State tries to replace hockey blue lines with green, NCAA says no 

I don't see what would be wrong with teams being able to do this. As long as it is stated that dark colors must be used to make sure that the lines remain highly visible. 

No surprise that the NCAA wouldn't give them a one year waver to try something different. Unless there is $$$ in it for the NCAA they aren't going to budge. 

I have two seats for the Fri and Sat night games between CC and Boston College at World Arena October 23 and 24th. I'm looking to sell them for face, if possible, and was wondering if anyone knows of a Boston College hockey forum similar to Siouxsports.com so that I could try to find a possible buyer.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Dan

I have two seats for the Fri and Sat night games between CC and Boston College at World Arena October 23 and 24th. I'm looking to sell them for face, if possible, and was wondering if anyone knows of a Boston College hockey forum similar to Siouxsports.com so that I could try to find a possible buyer.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Dan

Is the market in Colorado Springs not very strong? I'd be surprised if many BC fans are at that game so I'd try to sell them on Craigslist.