SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Hot goalie syndrome in Mankato tonight as well.
MSUM outshot Omaha 40-18, but lost 2-0.

Ouch.

Resident MSU fan here. So, let me start out by saying, MSU didn't deserve to win either of these games. I don't buy that either of the UNO goalies are as good as they looked this weekend. They left a TON of open nets and MSU just missed over and over and over again. I told a buddy if they just hit the point blank open nets on Friday night, they would have had 6 goals and I'm pretty sure it would have been just as many on Saturday. On Friday, MSU had a 2 on 1 and a 2 on 0 in which they didn't get a single shot. They missed the net and missed it badly.

On Saturday, they had 2 goals waved off. One for a suspect hand pass and one the ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle right as they put it in. They missed the net badly again. In the second period, MSU had 37 shot attempts, of that they had 9 blocked and 15 missed the net.

They also had either 4 or 5 posts on the weekend. It was a frustrating weekend to watch. As an MSU fan it's a pairwise killer and could come back to haunt us. On the flip side, it was encouraging to see how good they can be if they can start finishing. I know there was some concern that this would be a really down year after losing 7 guys, but I think it should be OK. It just might take a bit. I don't know when it will happen, but when the floodgates open there will be a lot of goals.

Resident MSU fan here. So, let me start out by saying, MSU didn't deserve to win either of these games. I don't buy that either of the UNO goalies are as good as they looked this weekend. They left a TON of open nets and MSU just missed over and over and over again. I told a buddy if they just hit the point blank open nets on Friday night, they would have had 6 goals and I'm pretty sure it would have been just as many on Saturday. On Friday, MSU had a 2 on 1 and a 2 on 0 in which they didn't get a single shot. They missed the net and missed it badly.

On Saturday, they had 2 goals waved off. One for a suspect hand pass and one the ref lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle right as they put it in. They missed the net badly again. In the second period, MSU had 37 shot attempts, of that they had 9 blocked and 15 missed the net.

They also had either 4 or 5 posts on the weekend. It was a frustrating weekend to watch. As an MSU fan it's a pairwise killer and could come back to haunt us. On the flip side, it was encouraging to see how good they can be if they can start finishing. I know there was some concern that this would be a really down year after losing 7 guys, but I think it should be OK. It just might take a bit. I don't know when it will happen, but when the floodgates open there will be a lot of goals.

Yeah, my brother was at the Saturday game, and said it was incredibly frustrating to see the goals waved off. Though he said there were 4 goals waved off, but maybe he was eluding to a few close call with pipes as well. Can anyone here imagine, losing a close game after 4 goals were waved off. The Ralph would probably implode.

We've seen a couple of those slow start, should've won, experience will fix it, if only he could finish, years around here, too.  Hopefully the kids keep their chins up and keep outworking the opponents.  If so, we'll see you in the playoffs -

It boggled my mind that Western Michigan didn't get votes this week but Ferris State (who they beat and tied), Wisconsin and Brown did.  After beating #10 BGSU tonight that won't be the case next time.  They looked good in the clips I watched, and I'm glad to see them piling up non-conference wins.

Edited by AlphaMikeFoxtrot
grammar

From that video, it is hard to tell if it is shoulder high to the chest (legal) or to the head (illegal); although in the new world order you have to play at the puck...

he follows through high, that's a penalty everytime. I actually thought it was a good call.

A little hard to tell from the video but it kind of looks like he drives the shoulder up and into the guy's chin.   If so that's a good call.    From seeing the video the NHL released when suspending Raffi Torres this looks just like some of the hits Raffi was laying on guys.

• Upvote 1

good news is that it looks like that kid got right back up.  Did he have the puck and dump it right before contact or was he away from the puck?

It was away from the puck. A no brainer 5 minute ppenalty watching it live. I don't believe the referees even hardly discussed it together, that's how obvious it was.

• Upvote 1