SiouxSports.com Forum

when do we find out

Fetch

Ive been known to smoke a cigar when I drink too

I work downtown. There are many places within a few blocks that have patios you can drink and eat and smoke. But if you think you can do all that and get back to a 7:30 game after the Sioux win at 6:45, you are a better man than I. If you want to get back in time for the second period, you are in luck.

You do not have to leave between games, there is only one ticket for each daily session.  Last year we were able to get scanned out, grab a bite to eat, then scan back in for the second game.  I'm hoping their re-entry policy is the same this year.

They have re-entry, so you can leave and get back in the same day with your ticket and wristband you get when leaving.  

RE-ENTRY POLICY

Fans can exit the tournament and return at any time - they just need to pick up a re-entry wristband on their way out.  They will need to present the wristband and tournament ticket for re-admission to the event.

They have re-entry, so you can leave and get back in the same day with your ticket and wristband you get when leaving.

RE-ENTRY POLICY

Fans can exit the tournament and return at any time - they just need to pick up a re-entry wristband on their way out. They will need to present the wristband and tournament ticket for re-admission to the event.

Ahh, yes, the wristbands. Forgot about that. Glad to see they're keeping the same re-entry policy this year.

Ahh, yes, the wristbands. Forgot about that. Glad to see they're keeping the same re-entry policy this year.

Everything about the Target Center is a pain in the ass...hopefully their staff is a little more hockey friendly this year.

I am thinking that with UND in the 4pm game, that will help out attendance for a game during a weekday afternoon.  The night game will be easier for people to get to, so having two non-local teams (Miami and Denver) in it won't affect attendance as much.

Just a theory as to why they are doing it like that.

Don't you people realize that the dates for this tournament are given, what, a year ago?  Sorry to be harsh but really one should just plan on attending the weekend hockey experience altogether and plan to take a couple days off of work, or at least one.  I request the days off 8 months before!  :) And there has always been an early game, even in the WCHA so take the day off!!  Glad the Sioux are playing at 4.

• Upvote 3

I am thinking that with UND in the 4pm game, that will help out attendance for a game during a weekday afternoon.  The night game will be easier for people to get to, so having two non-local teams (Miami and Denver) in it won't affect attendance as much.

Just a theory as to why they are doing it like that.

This is going to be one hell of a game between DU and Miami so I'm pumped to watch it!  Hopefully with a postgame smile from the first game of the day.

• Upvote 1

Don't you people realize that the dates for this tournament are given, what, a year ago?  Sorry to be harsh but really one should just plan on attending the weekend hockey experience altogether and plan to take a couple days off of work, or at least one.  I request the days off 8 months before!   :) And there has always been an early game, even in the WCHA so take the day off!!  Glad the Sioux are playing at 4.

It's great that you're a hard core fan.  I was in the same boat before I had kids and thought nothing of taking time off work and devoting a whole weekend to the Final 5.  But you do realize that hockey games, even Sioux hockey games, are filled with people who do not live, eat, and breathe hockey?  It's just a reality that there are people that live in the Twin Cities that would like to catch a Sioux game, but who aren't going to take time off work, or pull their kids out of school early, to go to a Friday afternoon game.  And they may have other commitments on Saturday, so they can't spend the entire day and night downtown watching hockey.   

Of course, those people who aren't planning on being downtown for every game will have to live with the schedule.  And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the NCHC giving the top-seed more rest time for Saturday.  But placing the two non-local teams in the afternoon game will affect attendance and ticket sales, and there's no sense in blaming those people that might have gone to a night game who won't go to the afternoon game. 

What I take away from this scheduling decision is that the NCHC is, indeed, different from the WCHA.  The WCHA always put Minnesota in the night game for the very reasons I indicated above and to make sure they optimized ticket and TV revenue.  The NCHC chose hockey purity this year over optimizing revenue.  That's refreshing from a fan's perspective.  We'll see if it's the smart decision going forward and whether they keep doing it in future years.  

• Upvote 3

It's great that you're a hard core fan.  I was in the same boat before I had kids and thought nothing of taking time off work and devoting a whole weekend to the Final 5.  But you do realize that hockey games, even Sioux hockey games, are filled with people who do not live, eat, and breathe hockey?  It's just a reality that there are people that live in the Twin Cities that would like to catch a Sioux game, but who aren't going to take time off work, or pull their kids out of school early, to go to a Friday afternoon game.  And they may have other commitments on Saturday, so they can't spend the entire day and night downtown watching hockey.   

Of course, those people who aren't planning on being downtown for every game will have to live with the schedule.  And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the NCHC giving the top-seed more rest time for Saturday.  But placing the two non-local teams in the afternoon game will affect attendance and ticket sales, and there's no sense in blaming those people that might have gone to a night game who won't go to the afternoon game. 

What I take away from this scheduling decision is that the NCHC is, indeed, different from the WCHA.  The WCHA always put Minnesota in the night game for the very reasons I indicated above and to make sure they optimized ticket and TV revenue.  The NCHC chose hockey purity this year over optimizing revenue.  That's refreshing from a fan's perspective.  We'll see if it's the smart decision going forward and whether they keep doing it in future years.  

Well said!

UND fans complained for years about the "Minnesota Rule" at the Final 5.  It would be pretty hypocritical of us to want the same thing and not expect the same reaction from other fan bases. 

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/hockey/husky-hockey/2015/03/18/mens-hockey-times-nchc-frozen-faceoff-explained/24980495/

"It's purely to keep bracket integrity," NCHC commissioner Josh Fenton said. "Typically in these situations, you want to protect the higher seeds and let them play in a situation where they have the best advantage.

"North Dakota is the No. 1 seed in the tournament and is playing to keep the No. 1 overall seed in the national tournament. This (game time) provides them with more rest than (lower seeds) Miami and Denver will have on Saturday.

"This is something that the coaches and athletic directors talked about at our annual meeting last spring in Florida," Fenton said. "They voiced strongly that they wanted to protect the higher seeds, and I don't disagree."