SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Rosario just can't get out of his own way this year.  That ball he got hurt on is 100 percent Buxton's ball and Byron was even calling for it.  

Nonetheless....Big Mike controlled the bleeding and they got some big hits from some guys that haven't hit for a bit.

Split on the south side....split on the south side. 

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Rogers again......

The team is playing well, one loss doesn't kill anything, but Romo and Rogers just don't give me any hope they can hold a late lead in the postseason.

Eleven left on base for Cruz.  Not his night. 

I trust Romo given his pedigree with SF.  Rogers needs to get it right and fast.

i think it’s time to have a frank discussion on the closer situation moving forward.  If Alcala isn’t moved to the rotation, transition him to the role. 

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I trust Romo given his pedigree with SF.  Rogers needs to get it right and fast.

i think it’s time to have a frank discussion on the closer situation moving forward.  If Alcala isn’t moved to the rotation, transition him to the role. 

Agreed on Alcala.  IMHO I give him a 6th-7th inning role.  Rogers can't be the closer.  Look at the future of the AL Central with all the good right handed hitters.

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The umpiring has been god awful.

I know he is always calm and even keeled but that was a great spot for Rocco to go bat $hit on Hernandez and Will Little and get tossed the right way.

Team isn't hitting tonight, light a flipping fire for tomorrow. 

Odo just doesn't have an out pitch.  Guy battles, but gets worked into so many full counts because guys will foul balls off and he will miss the zone, and before you know it his pitch count is at 80 in the 5th and its five and fly.

Credit to him tonight though.  Giving them a chance. 

*Just as I say it he's gone. 

9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Be a huge win if they hold on.  Then another huge start for Maeda  tomorrow 

Stashak was awesome.  Getting the game to the 7th inning so Duffy and May could slam the door was huge.  Credit to the no hit relief from the bullpen. 

• Upvote 1

After last night I'd like to see Stashak take a bigger role.  IMHO Rodgers stays in deep game relief, but I make May into the closer.

Sad to see Dobnak head down, but now with the Odo injury he could be back before you know it.  With days off they should be able to roll with a 1. Maeda 2. Big Mike 3. Berrios 4. Hill rotation until the end of the year.  And if they have a game of zero importance late in the regular season then give it to Dobnak. 

32 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

As god as my witness

keep Buxton healthy.  2 bombas today

You know, it was a few games back where he had the chance to jump into the wall to try and make a catch and he actually pulled up.  And a game or two later he pulled up on a hit to center field.

I wonder if they've given him directions to not put his health at risk anymore jumping into walls or diving on low percentage plays. 

I know Rocco really doesn't change the batting order up much but I'd have a tough time not moving Buxton up some with the way he is hitting right now.

Bullpen seems to be in pretty decent shape so why in the world would Wisler be the first guy in for the 6th in a 3-2 ballgame? C'mon Rocco!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I know Rocco really doesn't change the batting order up much but I'd have a tough time not moving Buxton up some with the way he is hitting right now.

Bullpen seems to be in pretty decent shape so why in the world would Wisler be the first guy in for the 6th in a 3-2 ballgame? C'mon Rocco!

Completely agree.  TERRIBLE move, that May cleans up.