SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

"Rocco should have bunted with Marwin or tried to steal me earlier and I score easily." :lol:

Following from work, so not exactly sure how it all played out. 

So Jeffers hit a fly ball that the CF messed up.  

Buxton basically made up his mind that he was going to 1st to home but the throw was at the plate when he was halfway down the line between 3rd and home. 

So much wrong in that 7th for the Twins. Why bring in Clippard? May threw like 8 pitches and looked good let him go another inning or let Duffey, Romo, or Rogers start the inning.

Twins get an easy gift double play on the White Sox baserunner misreading the fly ball but Kepler can't make an accurate throw to first base. If he makes the throw Twins are out of the inning with the lead.

4 pitch walk to Grandal to give one of the best hitters in baseball the opportunity to tie the game in Abreu.

Make good pitches to Abreu and a slow roller to Polanco that he didn't have much urgency with turns into an infield hit.

25 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

So much wrong in that 7th for the Twins. Why bring in Clippard? May threw like 8 pitches and looked good let him go another inning or let Duffey, Romo, or Rogers start the inning.

Twins get an easy gift double play on the White Sox baserunner misreading the fly ball but Kepler can't make an accurate throw to first base. If he makes the throw Twins are out of the inning with the lead.

4 pitch walk to Grandal to give one of the best hitters in baseball the opportunity to tie the game in Abreu.

Make good pitches to Abreu and a slow roller to Polanco that he didn't have much urgency with turns into an infield hit.

Yesterday Rocco seemed to grasp managing a staff....then today......plop. 

The Twins should just trade for Dyson just so he can't only hit on them, steal bases, and tie the game late. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm ready to give Buxton a contract extension. 

Had a good series.  NOW KEEP HIM IN THE LINEUP EVERY DAY AND BENCH KEPLER ROCCO!!!!!!!!

I'd hit Buxton first.  Doesn't matter being behind Avila or another catcher because we don't steal bases anyways. 

Just read that the same umpire crew will be at Wrigley this weekend.  What an absolute travesty.  

Get machines to call balls and strikes and the issue will take care of itself.  I wonder how long the contract is between the MLB and the umpire union. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Buxton batting leadoff tonight. 

Hey now. 

Kepler on the bench for Cave.  Good.  Let Max ride the pine after doing nothing this season.  

I'd seek trades in the off-season for Kepler.  Dump some salary and get the young outfielders up here. 

I'd never thought that I would say this... but these Twins need to inject a little Piranaha in the offense.

They should have let Buxton steal in the 9th... even if he gotten thrown out, at least it would be a worthy gamble.  If you have all that speed and don't use it.... is in a asset?

Sad thing in this stretch in Chicago... with a competent offense and some focus, they could be 4-1 instead of 1-4.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'd never thought that I would say this... but these Twins need to inject a little Piranaha in the offense.

They should have let Buxton steal in the 9th... even if he gotten thrown out, at least it would be a worthy gamble.  If you have all that speed and don't use it.... is in a asset?

Sad thing in this stretch in Chicago... with a competent offense and some focus, they could be 4-1 instead of 1-4.

Completely agree.  Rocco has got all the speed in the world with a guy like Buck, and we never.....ever.....utilize it.  What have we hit and run twice this year??? 

I'm afraid this is what the postseason will look like.  There will be a big spot and instead of May he will bring in Wisler and then its game over.  

He has the most talented teams in Twins history the past two seasons, of course they are going to win their fair share but how many tight games has his decisions killed them?

So how can Dick Bremer talk about the Gardenhire way for three innings and then watch Rosario not take second or give himself up in respects to assuring the run gets across after his hit and just gives him a pass?  

At least Eddie is hitting.  Another good outing from Big Mike.