SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Alright, wanted 4-1 vs. Detroit so I'll be happy they got it.  Weird homestand.  Could of swept Chicago, could have swept Detroit, then again they could of easily went 2-3 against Detroit.

Quick trip to St. Louis before two off days.  Throw the sink at the cards tomorrow.  

I'm happy to see they're going with Berrios and Dobnak tomorrow in the doubleheader and not using one as a bullpen game. Sounded like Cruz, Sano, and Polanco would all be back in tomorrow as well.

Big chance to get two games today with who we have going on the hill and St. Louis with a couple scrubs.  

Big Mike going 7 and Stashak coming back leaves everyone available today.  

Only 17 games left.  Rocco has got to pay attention here.  The Twins are currently the 7th seed and the first wild card team heading to Cleveland the first round.  They are only a game back of Cleveland and Chicago with Cleveland showing up on Friday with Bieber on the hill.  So important to be at home in the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

That third inning had me pretty upset. They were pretty good otherwise today. 

You had the whole bullpen built up if Dobnak faltered with two days off ahead....Duffey, May, Clippard, Stashak, Rodgers......and we went to Theilbar, after leaving Dobnak in too long, and thats the game......

And to make it all better we let Poppen pitch to Wong.  I just don't get it. 

16 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

10 game stretch

Home against Cleveland for 3

A week in Chicago (4 against Sox, 3 against Cubs)

The Big Knockers need to be ready for this one.  Have to come away with at least 6 wins here in this tough stretch. 

Two of three against Cleveland....split on the South side.....two of three on the North side.

When Odorizzi gets healthy they've got some decisions to make rotation wise.

1. Big Mike....2. Berrios....3. Maeda for sure, then you've got Hill, Dobnak, and Ode.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Two of three against Cleveland....split on the South side.....two of three on the North side.

When Odorizzi gets healthy they've got some decisions to make rotation wise.

1. Big Mike....2. Berrios....3. Maeda for sure, then you've got Hill, Dobnak, and Ode.

Here's the problem: 

Hill and Odo are basically the same type of pitcher (5 and fly).

I don't want to punish Dobnak by taking him out of the rotation because he has done so well this year.  

Plus there is no guarantee that Odo is ready to pitch and is running out of time to get ready. 

I'd kick Hill out, but he was brought in for one reason:  October, and I'm sure he has one more postseason gem left in that arm.

I'm guessing they run Pineda, Berrios, Madea and Hill for postseason.

What that does for Odo for 2021... I bet he is kicking himself now for taking that QO from the Twins. 

36 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

7 great innings by Maeda. 

The trade just looks better and better right now for MN. 

I was a naysayer on that trade.  But that was a better move than the Donaldson signing.  

Big win over Bieber.  That guy is good.  

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I was a naysayer on that trade.  But that was a better move than the Donaldson signing.  

Big win over Bieber.  That guy is good.  

I'm with you. I loved Graterol and thought it was a horrible trade. Admittedly I hadn't watched much of Maeda before and mostly went off numbers and thought we were getting another 3/4 starter. He has been so good this year though. 

38 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

I'm with you. I loved Graterol and thought it was a horrible trade. Admittedly I hadn't watched much of Maeda before and mostly went off numbers and thought we were getting another 3/4 starter. He has been so good this year though. 

That was my biggest issue.  Graterol.  I think they could of given up Duran or Alcala and another guy for Maeda.  Graterol having a good first year in LA, and he will only get better.  As of now the Twins are ahead in the trade. 

10 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Go get the sweep tomorrow with Pineda on the mound.

Offense might be starting to come around a bit. 

If they can get Rosario going.....and maybe Donaldson.  The whole key is having someone behind Cruz so he can see some pitches instead of try to do too much.

Kepler back today.  See ball, catch ball, Max......

• Upvote 1