SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

May have wanted to pitch around Abreu there with a base open, but it's what you expect with Gibby. 

Two nights in a row. The one guy the White Sox have that is a threat and the Twins haven't been very smart facing him so far this series.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxScore said:

Two nights in a row. The one guy the White Sox have that is a threat and the Twins haven't been very smart facing him so far this series.

Said the same thing.  Put him on and go after the guy hitting .240....

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Nelson Cruz is the biggest Twins free agent signing in years.....

I mean going back to.....Jack Morris?  

He has been huge. The only really great year I remember is Molitor a year before retiring, had a huge year for very little moolah.

Gotta love Big Mike, dude just goes out and throws strikes. He got hit a little last night but obviously the bats picked him up. A shame they couldn't do the same for Gibson Monday but it happens. We all rip Gibby, deservedly so more often than not, but he only gave up one more run than Big Mike did last night.

Also, I literally LOLed when the squirrel ran through Kepler's legs.:D

1 hour ago, HockeyFan31 said:

Gotta love Big Mike, dude just goes out and throws strikes. He got hit a little last night but obviously the bats picked him up. A shame they couldn't do the same for Gibson Monday but it happens. We all rip Gibby, deservedly so more often than not, but he only gave up one more run than Big Mike did last night.

Also, I literally LOLed when the squirrel ran through Kepler's legs.:D

The thing with Gibby has always been consistency.  When Big Mike is on the mound, we know what we are getting (6-7 innings of strike throwing and giving up 3-4 runs).  He occasionally will have a clunker or spin a gem, but you are usually going to get that kind of outing.  

We don’t know from start to start what Gibby and that is the frustrating part.  He can pitch a gem one night but then get cute with the strikezone and get hit around the next.  If he had back up his nice season from last year with another one, that would have started to change the perception of him. He’s never was going to be an ace but we shouldn’t be talking about him on the outside looking in on a post-season pitching staff.

What the Twins do with him, Odo, Pineda, and possibly Pérez will be interesting in the offseason.  Right now the staff just needs to be good enough, and that could be just enough in this years version of postseason.  The usual template is  dominate pitching wins, this could be the year where just enough pitching wins.

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The thing with Gibby has always been consistency.  When Big Mike is on the mound, we know what we are getting (6-7 innings of strike throwing and giving up 3-4 runs).  He occasionally will have a clunker or spin a gem, but you are usually going to get that kind of outing.  

We don’t know from start to start what Gibby and that is the frustrating part.  He can pitch a gem one night but then get cute with the strikezone and get hit around the next.  If he had back up his nice season from last year with another one, that would have started to change the perception of him. He’s never was going to be an ace but we shouldn’t be talking about him on the outside looking in on a post-season pitching staff.

What the Twins do with him, Odo, Pineda, and possibly Pérez will be interesting in the offseason.  Right now the staff just needs to be good enough, and that could be just enough in this years version of postseason.  The usual template is  dominate pitching wins, this could be the year where just enough pitching wins.

True. Like I said, a lot of the ripping Gibby takes is deserved. And I totally agree, the consistency is just not there.

Pineda on the other hand......you pretty much know what you're getting every time out. Dick alluded to that last night during the broadcast if I'm remembering correctly. He gushes over Big Mike basically every start, though, so it's tough to remember sometimes.:lol:

Graterol with two scoreless innings tonight in his debut for Rochester.  Touched 100 mph a couple times but the gun in Rochester rounds up I'm told.  Threw his slider 91.  

Alcala touched 97 yesterday, and it sounds like he will be the one they bring up before Graterol.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Giolito does his thing....surprise....

METS WIN!!!!!

Love following other teams when your team is in contention.  

He's really good and will be for a while.

The White Sox aren't that far away from being a threat.  I really think they can push for a playoff spot next year if they can add a few pieces. 

57 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Graterol with two scoreless innings tonight in his debut for Rochester.  Touched 100 mph a couple times but the gun in Rochester rounds up I'm told.  Threw his slider 91.  

Alcala touched 97 yesterday, and it sounds like he will be the one they bring up before Graterol.

Both are going to be fun to watch.  I think they are being cautious with Graterol because of his shoulder problems this year.

Alcala was part of the Pressley deal, would love to start seeing some dividends from that deal to lessen the blow.  

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He's really good and will be for a while.

The White Sox aren't that far away from being a threat.  I really think they can push for a playoff spot next year if they can add a few pieces. 

Both are going to be fun to watch.  I think they are being cautious with Graterol because of his shoulder problems this year.

Alcala was part of the Pressley deal, would love to start seeing some dividends from that deal to lessen the blow.  

Agreed on the Sox, they'll only get better with the young core and pitching prospects they have.  

57 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Wth

go to watch the twins last night only to find out they lost already 

then look for their score tonight only to see they don’t play

mlb should come out with a listing of when teams play! Like a schedule or something!

:)

mets leading Cleveland so far tonight 

Monday’s and Thursday’s are almost always the days off/travel. I only know this from Fantasy baseball days, which is a lot more fun than FFB BTW.