SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

20 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

https://www.mlb.com/twins/news/2019-mlb-teams-with-toughest-remaining-schedules

A lot of winnable games remaining, I hope they can take advantage.

The Indians have been the hottest team in baseball since the All Star Break...They do have a more difficult remaining schedule (record-wise) than the Twins but Minny's pitching has really been exposed recently.  Berrios is going to have to pitch every 3rd game if the other guys don't step it up in a hurry!

Great start by Ode last night.  Pitching with guys on all night and was tremendous in not letting the dam break. 

Also wanted to mention Arraez.  His triple was all knowing the scouting report on Puig being a block head with hitting the cut in the outfield and knowing he would try to throw it all the way to third.  Twins have their second baseman for years to come. 

After the last two days the Twins 3rd base coach might need to start looking for a different job. Yesterday he tried to send Cron against Puig and it wasn't a close play at all. Today the Twins battle back and he tries to score Adrianza from 1st for the win on a bullet one hopper off the wall with 1 out. I screamed at my TV not to send him but that coach evidently has no brain. Hold Adrianza up and you have 2nd and 3rd with 1 out for Schoop. Not that I like Schoop's chances but I'd bet there is a decent chance Cleveland walks him to set up the force anywhere and get left on left with Kepler up.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

After the last two days the Twins 3rd base coach might need to start looking for a different job. Yesterday he tried to send Cron against Puig and it wasn't a close play at all. Today the Twins battle back and he tries to score Adrianza from 1st for the win on a bullet one hopper off the wall with 1 out. I screamed at my TV not to send him but that coach evidently has no brain. Hold Adrianza up and you have 2nd and 3rd with 1 out for Schoop. Not that I like Schoop's chances but I'd bet there is a decent chance Cleveland walks him to set up the force anywhere and get left on left with Kepler up.

Terrible decision.....cost them the game. 

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Better question:

Why didn't they run Cave instead?

Rocco didn't want to use Cave and then lose him when you put Adrianza at first if it goes extras for Cron.  

He has done it before.  If you win the game there is no reason to worry about moves in the 10th.  

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Rocco didn't want to use Cave and then lose him when you put Adrianza at first if it goes extras for Cron.  

He has done it before.  If you win the game there is no reason to worry about moves in the 10th.  

I go with the philosophy of:  If you have the winning run on and you need a pitch runner, you put your fastest person out there and figure it out later if it doesn't work.  

Not saying that Cave would have scored, but he would have made it at least a much closer play and given the rules now for catchers, that could have come into play.  

It is what it is and now they just need to regroup and feast on some cupcakes for the rest of the month. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/12/2019 at 9:49 AM, SWSiouxMN said:

I go with the philosophy of:  If you have the winning run on and you need a pitch runner, you put your fastest person out there and figure it out later if it doesn't work.  

Not saying that Cave would have scored, but he would have made it at least a much closer play and given the rules now for catchers, that could have come into play.  

It is what it is and now they just need to regroup and feast on some cupcakes for the rest of the month. 

Twelve in a row with Detroit and Chicago......Twelve.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Another terrible decision by our manager......terrible.....what kind of baseball sense has he shown the past few weeks?  

He has made the same mistakes all year they're just being magnified right now with the offense not bailing him out quite as much.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

He has made the same mistakes all year they're just being magnified right now with the offense not bailing him out quite as much.

I've said the same thing about the number of times he's been bailed out.