SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

Good start by Pineda tonight coming off the injury.  Got the team off the field and back in the dugout when they were piling it on early.

Smeltzer saves the bullpen by going four, and the Rangers show the world how not to run the bases.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Good start by Pineda tonight coming off the injury.  Got the team off the field and back in the dugout when they were piling it on early.

Smeltzer saves the bullpen by going four, and the Rangers show the world how not to run the bases.  

That half inning of their base runnin errors was bizarre. Never seen anything like it before 

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't think I have ever seen that before in my life.  3 outs recorded on baserunning blunders. 

Statements pounded into us by an old baseball coach: 
- Never make the first or last out of an inning at third base.
- Never get trapped off base on a line-out to that base.  
- If it's going to be close, only send the runner home to tie.

The Rangers broke all three ... in one inning.  

• Upvote 1

Maybe a few notes to take defensively for Rocco.  When they are in over shift mode for left handed hitters they can't have Sano be the only guy on the left side of the infield in the shortstop spot.  Keep the regular shortstop there and put him wherever between first and second.  And Adrianza is now your 8th inning and later short stop or third baseman for defensive purposes when they have the lead.  

35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Cave has got to get the runners over and instead looks at strike three.  Two nights removed from getting Kepler drilled because he missed a sign.  

When does Buxton come back?

September probably.

I was hoping Wade was closer to coming back but nope. 

11 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Twins top pitching prospect promoted to AAA.

Guessing he gets a week in pen duty there and then gets unleashed on the main roster. 

Graterol is a dude.  Tremendous arm....tremendous.  Will be 21 in a week or so and has all the makings of a shut down closer if he stays away from arm issues.

If he stays consistently sharp he needs to be on the big club soon. 

• Upvote 1