SiouxSports.com Forum

Twins ?

Fetch

10 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Duffey and May

6 batters

6 strikeouts

They are firing on all cylinders 

They are so effective right now.  I mean this one is over, but in close games it's almost good night if we can get it to the 6th with a lead. 

Twins bullpen got 12 outs, 8 of them via the strikeout.  Four innings, two hits, one run, no walks.

I realize its against Detroit, but what once was the team's biggest weakness is now solidified.  

Gibby one of three pitchers in Twins history to get back to back wins giving up ten plus hits in each game.  

2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Graterol is coming up when rosters expand, pen just got a bit stronger.

6th-Duffy/Romo 

7th-Graterol

8th-Romo/May

9th-Rodgers

And you've got Smeltzer, Thorpe, Dobnak, other expendable arms for Gibby starts......

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Perez doesn't have it tonight

Rocco waited a long time to get the bullpen going again too. Way too long for my liking but that has been a common problem all year. Especially don't get it tonight when you can expand the rosters tomorrow and bring up more pitchers.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Rocco waited a long time to get the bullpen going again too. Way too long for my liking but that has been a common problem all year. Especially don't get it tonight when you can expand the rosters tomorrow and bring up more pitchers.

Exactly.  Why mess around and let it get that out of hand?  This team is capable, but down 8-2 against Boyd is a tall mountain to climb.  

Gibby to the IL with guy issues.  Welcome to the no gallbladder club in the future if you aren't already a member Gibby!!:lol:

No reason the starts he misses can't be bullpen games.  Smeltz for two, Thorpe a couple, Dobnak, Littell.  Just keep it close to the 6th.  

13 hours ago, jodcon said:

I would venture to guess you don't lose many games that you hit 6 HR's in, that has to be fairly rare.

I'll take those odds on a daily basis, even if it didn't work out today.

Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins were 49-0 until yesterday when hitting 5 or more home runs. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Gibby to the IL with guy issues.  Welcome to the no gallbladder club in the future if you aren't already a member Gibby!!:lol:

No reason the starts he misses can't be bullpen games.  Smeltz for two, Thorpe a couple, Dobnak, Littell.  Just keep it close to the 6th.  

I'm interested to see Graterol, they say he can consistently throw at 100 and threw one about 104 in a game earlier in August. Should be interesting.

Welcome to the big leagues Mr. Graterol.  

That fastball is such a weapon when he can throw it on the black.  Just casually hits 100 mph.....slider needs a bit of work, but what 21 year old kid not named Liriano has a perfect slider?

If he can get outs in the late innings down the stretch......

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Welcome to the big leagues Mr. Graterol.  

That fastball is such a weapon when he can throw it on the black.  Just casually hits 100 mph.....slider needs a bit of work, but what 21 year old kid not named Liriano has a perfect slider?

If he can get outs in the late innings down the stretch......

Kid can bring it, little hiccup with the WP but could be a weapon down the stretch. Like you said big upside on this guy with some coaching.