SiouxSports.com Forum

EARLY Departures 2015

AZSIOUX

My bad. I thought you were implying that you remembering it being before the semester. You were referring to the timing between the end of the semester and his announcement. Makes sense.

I also think Jordan's situation was pretty unique being he was a first rounder and had a lot of options.

Yeah. I think I was trying to convince myself that Jordan was thinking if he stuck around for another year then he could sign with whatever team he liked. Possibly the team he team he grew up cheering for that isn't too far from where he grew up and owns the rights to his brother haha

I'm just tired of the star players I think a team of Gaarders & Generals type players would have better odds of a Championship

Next year's team would have NO odds of a championship without potential star players.

No Boeser + no Wilkie + no Gersich + no Tomek = no chance .... Not having good players would only hinder us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Semester has been over for 2 weeks. Those announcements tend to be made immediately after the semester ends since they likely have had their mind made up for months. Zane's announcement seems to be a normal time frame, but Jordan's seems longer than normal. Maybe I'm just not remembering the time frame others used correctly.

maybe he was seeing what the Blues were going to do with Hitchcock....

• Upvote 2

It seems like people have turned their attention to blaming Toews/Oshie/Parise/Nelson/Schmaltz and so on for us not having a recent natty because Hak is no longer here.  Pretty pathetic if you ask me.  We have always had a good mix of stars and blue-collar guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't agree with Fetch on a team full of the Gaarder types, but it will be interesting to see if any of the young faces we have in the lineup, or some other underclassmen can have an impact down the stretch of the season like Gaarder did.  Scoring goals during playoff hockey is a lot different than scoring during the regular season.  Hopefully somebody steps up and keeps the ball rolling as a big game scorer.

I'm just tired of the star players I think a team of Gaarders & Generals type players would have better odds of a Championship

Is this serious? If so sorry but that will never happen here and I'm very glad we will continue to attract top prospects. If you want a team full of just grinder type players and no stars you better look somewhere else.

Lol no but you have any more examples? 3 total? That's it? BC had plenty, Wisconsin, DU, BU all did, too.

I would say Prov had some pretty high end players, Gilles, Gilmour, Jankowski I can think of off hand. I also remember Union's Gostisbehere was in my book a Star player as well. Yale I'm not sure but Id still prefer the high end talent all day every day with a good mix of hard working grinders.

• Upvote 2

Guys like Gaarder and Pattyn are gold and are a great mix with the top end talent.  And in the case of those two, they were the heart  and soul of our squad.  Wish they both had a year left.  BTW, did either of them get scholarship money their last year or two?

Guys like Gaarder and Pattyn are gold and are a great mix with the top end talent.  And in the case of those two, they were the heart  and soul of our squad.  Wish they both had a year left.  BTW, did either of them get scholarship money their last year or two?

Absolutely. Both left as full scholarship players.

Did Yale Union or Providence have lots of star players

by whose definition? Union had 2 of the best defensemen in the country and 1 of the best forward lines in the country.

Providence had the guy coming into the year being lauded as the top goalie in the nation and they were preseason #4 or #5.

Funny thing is that if the NCAA hadn't messed around with the pairings and locations their is about a 90% chance that Providence would have been 1 and done.

by whose definition? Union had 2 of the best defensemen in the country and 1 of the best forward lines in the country.

I believe Union's goalie was the Team USA goalie at the most recent Worlds (US: bronze). Meh ... no stars. 

A team with Gaarders & Generals is surely a good thing, but it is a whole he!! of a lot different than a team of Gaarders and Generals.      

• Upvote 3

A team with Gaarders & Generals is surely a good thing, but it is a whole he!! of a lot different than a team of Gaarders and Generals.      

Exactly. We have those guys, too. St. Clair, Chyz, Gardner coming in at some point...