SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNC

SWSiouxMN

Last game of Jones!?

A month ago, I'd have said no way. Now? Maybe 50-50. Regardless of circumstances, not a lot of 9th-year coaches with a career record well under .500 survive an 8-22 season, especially given the 1-9 home record vs. division I opponents.

A month ago, I'd have said no way. Now? Maybe 50-50. Regardless of circumstances, not a lot of 9th-year coaches with a career record well under .500 survive an 8-22 season, especially given the 1-9 home record vs. division I opponents.

I would agree with that. I'm in the boat of moving on but I still think it's unlikely but more likely than it was earlier on.

When you mention those three things:

1) below 0.500 career record

2) 8-22 season record

3) 1-9 home record vs DI opponents

... It really makes it hard to support Jones much longer. I think Faison needs to take a long hard look at this, although I doubt he will. I expect Jones back for another season, despite my opinion on Jones' coaching ability.

• Upvote 1

I will quit posting if Jones gets fired...if any of the trolls who think he will get fired this year have the jewels to quit posting if he does not get fired!  the silence is deafening!!  I  know people on the inside and you obviously no nobody...that is why I know and you do not

I will quit posting if Jones gets fired...if any of the trolls who think he will get fired this year have the jewels to quit posting if he does not get fired!  the silence is deafening!!  I  know people on the inside and you obviously no nobody...that is why I know and you do not

gfhockey's cousin?   :D

I will quit posting if Jones gets fired...if any of the trolls who think he will get fired this year have the jewels to quit posting if he does not get fired! the silence is deafening!! I know people on the inside and you obviously no nobody...that is why I know and you do not

Just because people think he should be fired, doesn't mean we think its likely. But we can dream- that's what message boards are for.

6 minutes left in first half, and no one has bothered to post on the game. Quite telling. The fanbase is becoming indifferent. It will remain this way until a change is made.

As for the game- I think I can sum it up with 4 letters: SSDD.