SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

Actually yes I do.

In fact, last year at a small town ice bocce tourney in northern Minnesota in February that I attended, some undergrads put together a coed team of 4. Their "uniforms" were laced with "sioux suck" all over their bison-themed rags.

They still attend FU.

That's just one example off the top of my head. The other would be the student sections chanting "sioux suck" at all bison athletic events. All of them. Regardless who the play.

Any more questions?...

It's carried over somewhat. But I get ticket requests annually from students up north. They'll come down, put on an ndsu shirt, and cheer. Same happens with ndsu students for hockey.

Have heard Sioux suck pretty much at football. Can't recall hearing it at basketball... Except at the 2010 game.

I can walk around und wearing ndsu stuff and don't get dirty looks. Most crap I ever get is a "moo u" comment. Hardly qualifies as anything like auburn/Alabama.

You mean the basketball game that continues to be both the highest priced and attended on NDSU's home schedule?

I've been to each of them. Fewer and fewer at the game each time. I don't think that's a coincidence.

First an unscheduled press conference to announce the games and now this:

9/12 - Weber State - $35 / $25

9/19 - North Dakota - $60 / $50

10/10 - Northern Iowa (Homecoming) - $40 / $30

10/17 - South Dakota - $35 / $25

11/7 - Western Illinois - $35 / $25

11/21 - Missouri State - $35 / $25

But remember folks, its no big deal to them, they were just filling an open date.  And before the FU mensa club comes by and states they are just looking to gouge UND fans, NDSU is looking at giving Teammakers who don't have season tickets first crack at a good sized portion of single game tickets, it will be their own fans paying the "inflated" price for an unimportant out of conference game.

Our women's basketball team thanks you for helping to pay for their cost of attendance stipends. Thanks Faison and Bubba, I will invite them over to toast over the crow I eat with some good whiskey. It is the least I can do. 

Our women's basketball team thanks you for helping to pay for their cost of attendance stipends. Thanks Faison and Bubba, I will invite them over to toast over the crow I eat with some good whiskey. It is the least I can do. 

The money won't make it that far.  It will only offset the amount athletics will take from the dining surplus next year.  

Your clueless.  Maybe NDSU can finally pay off the locker room renovation that was supposed to be paid for 10 or so years ago?

All things that will help push cost of attendance forward at NDSU, not my fault Faison cut us a sweetheart deal. Did you not think we would take full advantage of it? 

If NDSU is going to play this game, that was always the plan. It was the main reason to do it. Team makers will smash records next year. 

Price of ticket seems indicative of what the athletic department thinks it's worth.

I don't think this game's value will continue to be as high as some others think. I believe Hammersmith on bv put it well awhile back.

Way too lazy to find the post but I believe the premise was that each time it's played, as long as the two are in different conferences, will be less and less of a big deal... Probably just a bigger version of the basketball game.

I completely agree.  The only reason UND/NDSU football was big in the past was because they were both in the NCC.  Football and basketball are pretty similar in that neither school could ever hope for getting a bid to the postseason without winning their conference title.  There also are a similar number of games in both sports, so a non-conference loss in football doesn't mean anything to either school.  

All things that will help push cost of attendance forward at NDSU, not my fault Faison cut us a sweetheart deal. Did you not think we would take full advantage of it? 

If NDSU is going to play this game, that was always the plan. It was the main reason to do it. Team makers will smash records next year. 

That is perfectly fine for now, more power to them.  Charging that much for season tickets and making fans pony up $100 minimum for the right is not sustainable.  It's all tied to results on the field.  

At least it showed how much more important UND is than the rest of your schedule.  That part is nice.  You are only ripping off your own fans, so whatever dude.  17,500 of the ticket buyers are going to be NDSU's and the price was fixed into season tickets already.

Honestly if NDSU wanted to they could charge much more for the UND game and the other games. That is just where demand is at right now, I think what they are doing is sustainable as long as they are investing back into the program(like cost of attendance for example)

Honestly if NDSU wanted to they could charge much more for the UND game and the other games. That is just where demand is at right now, I think what they are doing is sustainable as long as they are investing back into the program(like cost of attendance for example)

Agreed, that they could charge way more. The game will be sold out, and scalping tickets will go for much more than $60. Can't wait, should be a really fun game day. NDSU has done a nice job improving their tailgating, and should make for a pretty fun time. Go Sioux!

• Upvote 1

I can walk around und wearing ndsu stuff and don't get dirty looks. Most crap I ever get is a "moo u" comment. Hardly qualifies as anything like auburn/Alabama.

You go to UND football games with NDSU gear on?

I completely agree. The only reason UND/NDSU football was big in the past was because they were both in the NCC. Football and basketball are pretty similar in that neither school could ever hope for getting a bid to the postseason without winning their conference title. There also are a similar number of games in both sports, so a non-conference loss in football doesn't mean anything to either school.

I can't tell if your being sarcastic with the last half of this post.

• Upvote 1

NDSU FB is doing just fine without playing UND - how's it going for UND since you moved up?  It's worked out quite well for NDSU much to the disappointment of the UND athletic department with their idea that we'll not play NDSU in any sport and that will hurt them in their transition.  Make no mistake that was their goal.  It was your choice to quit playing so live with it. Look at all your sports this year in the BSC.  How'd they do?  How's it working for you? 

So you think the reason our transition in all our sports was due to not playing the Bison? We also stopped playing SDSU in all sports but they agreed to restart the series in 2010 because they weren't pricks about it, and actually had balls to schedule UND at the Alerus unlike FU. I guess when we restarted playing SDSU we did have a GWFC title, a dance trip by the UND women and a conference title in VB.  Thanks Jackrabbits.

A. If this is all you folks have left to hang your hat on in this rivalry, I feel truly sorry for you! B. I have bison season tickets, second row, they are for sale for this game, 1300$ a piece, let me know?

So you have better plans than seeing the biggest football game in ND? Or do you want to be pissed that NDSU lost, in your own home and not in public.

Been to four nattys in a row, thinking of getting back to nature, wanna forfeit a years worth of apartment rent on four tickets to help me fund my trip darryls?

1300 a piece is one and half times my mortgage payment. Wife is a Bison fan but no way would she want me to fork over that type of cash. I will just watch it on tv for free.

Do you know any young people at UND or NDSU? Any animosity between the two groups of students is essentially nonexistent. Those are your future fans/donors/etc.

I have two kids currently enrolled at UND and there is plenty of animosity toward NDSU from them.   They also hate UM in hockey and we aren't in the same conference there either.