SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameyear Thread

geaux_sioux

So what would we be ranked if we started out 3-0. Probably not gonna happen but how high would we be ranked given our lack of earning any type of respect in our previous years of D1?

A win at Wyoming and at NDSU? Definitely top 10.

Not going to happen though, in all likelihood. Just winning 2 of the first 3 would be spectacular.

A win at Wyoming and at NDSU? Definitely top 10.

Not going to happen though, in all likelihood. Just winning 2 of the first 3 would be spectacular.

3-0....20-25. Pollsters will still confuse NDSU with UND thus giving them votes when we deserve it.

• 2 weeks later...

The NDSU Bookstore has already created shirts for what was deemed "just a game to fill the schedule".  Don't see any for the UNI or SDSU games listed though...

:lol:

Will be interesting to see if College Gameday has any interest in the renewal of one of the oldest rivalries in college football after a 10 year hiatus... :ohmy:

:lol:

Will be interesting to see if College Gameday has any interest in the renewal of one of the oldest rivalries in college football after a 10 year hiatus... :ohmy:

ESPN said last year that NDSU got another gameday because they earned it, which is pretty hard to argue. If ESPN wants to give NDSU another gameday, this would be a perfect time to do it. I will probably be in Fargo that weekend anyway, but if gameday is there, I'll definitely make it.

The NDSU Bookstore has already created shirts for what was deemed "just a game to fill the schedule". Don't see any for the UNI or SDSU games listed though...

It's gonna be a huge game because of the tailgating and atmosphere. NDSU fans can bull$%!# all they want about how the dome won't fit anymore than last year, yada yada yada....

But the bottom line is that the atmosphere during the week leading up to the game and the tailgating outside the dome will be crazy. Its going to be WAY bigger than anything UNI or SDSU could produce, that's for sure.

Then, all that is left is for Bubba and the boys to pull the upset.

It's gonna be a huge game because of the tailgating and atmosphere. NDSU fans can bull$%!# all they want about how the dome won't fit anymore than last year, yada yada yada....

But the bottom line is that the atmosphere during the week leading up to the game and the tailgating outside the dome will be crazy. Its going to be WAY bigger than anything UNI or SDSU could produce, that's for sure.

Then, all that is left is for Bubba and the boys to pull the upset.

Honestly, why is it so important that this game be such a huge game? The season will go on before and after this game is played. Sure, there will be increased interest in the game, particularly by UND fans. Nevertheless -- barring an upset by UND -- by playoff time this "huge" game won't have made any real difference to either team.

• Downvote 4

Honestly, why is it so important that this game be such a huge game? The season will go on before and after this game is played. Sure, there will be increased interest in the game, particularly by UND fans. Nevertheless -- barring an upset by UND -- by playoff time this "huge" game won't have made any real difference to either team.

Ask your Bookstore.  

• Upvote 3

I don't think anyone is saying it is important that this be a huge game.  What is amusing is that FU fans keep trying to convince themselves it isn't when the following have occurred in Fargo:

-NDSU athletic department holds a press conference to announce the two games and make sure everyone knows that the games are just a schedule filler even though no games have ever previously been announced via press conference

-NDSU athletic department releases ticket prices and the UND game is priced between 50-67% higher than the next highest game (which is against "rival" UNI and homecoming to boot)

-Bison Media Blog ranks the game as the #2 most intriguing regular season game in the nation (though obviously it is for them for monetary reasons)

-NDSU bookstore/marketing department releases a shirt that is a "NDSU Bookstore Exclusive Design" for the game almost 4 months before its played (make sure to note the exclusive part as the excuse is already being thrown out there that the shirt was UND's idea)

But somehow the claim is that UND and its fans are the ones pushing the hype on the game...

I don't think anyone is saying it is important that this be a huge game.  What is amusing is that FU fans keep trying to convince themselves it isn't when the following have occurred in Fargo:

-NDSU athletic department holds a press conference to announce the two games and make sure everyone knows that the games are just a schedule filler even though no games have ever previously been announced via press conference

-NDSU athletic department releases ticket prices and the UND game is priced between 50-67% higher than the next highest game (which is against "rival" UNI and homecoming to boot)

-Bison Media Blog ranks the game as the #2 most intriguing regular season game in the nation (though obviously it is for them for monetary reasons)

-NDSU bookstore/marketing department releases a shirt that is a "NDSU Bookstore Exclusive Design" for the game almost 4 months before its played (make sure to note the exclusive part as the excuse is already being thrown out there that the shirt was UND's idea)

But somehow the claim is that UND and its fans are the ones pushing the hype on the game...

Good stuff -

I spoke with an NDSU guy about tailgating.  He said a general tailgate lot is open to visitors at $5.00 per spot.  But, it is open to SU fans, too, so expect to get in line the day before to get a spot.  Given SU actually knows how to promote things like tailgating maybe there will be additional options for both sides come game day......for 'just another game'.

Good stuff -

I spoke with an NDSU guy about tailgating.  He said a general tailgate lot is open to visitors at $5.00 per spot.  But, it is open to SU fans, too, so expect to get in line the day before to get a spot.  Given SU actually knows how to promote things like tailgating maybe there will be additional options for both sides come game day......for 'just another game'.

I spoke with someone within UND about this.  He said at that they had not yet arranged anything for UND fans yet but were going to look into it.  I personally don't see NDSU offering any sort of courtesy to UND on anything that wasn't spelled out specifically in the contract, so that may be a bummer for those that can't get in line early.  My hope was a small corner of the lot marked off but with them not having anything in place at this point, I'm note even sure they'll give the courtesy of a tent or something small like that.  That being said, my group will be there and have spots.

I spoke with someone within UND about this.  He said at that they had not yet arranged anything for UND fans yet but were going to look into it.  I personally don't see NDSU offering any sort of courtesy to UND on anything that wasn't spelled out specifically in the contract, so that may be a bummer for those that can't get in line early.  My hope was a small corner of the lot marked off but with them not having anything in place at this point, I'm note even sure they'll give the courtesy of a tent or something small like that.  That being said, my group will be there and have spots.

Was thinking of going as well. It would be nice if UND could setup a big tent for UND fans in the tailgate lot, and maybe even have some TVs in there. If I can't get a ticket to the game I would go and tailgate in the UND tent and watch the game from the parking lot. Guessing they would fill up a tent pretty quickly. Maybe they could even ask BWW across the street if they could be the official UND hangout.

Was thinking of going as well. It would be nice if UND could setup a big tent for UND fans in the tailgate lot, and maybe even have some TVs in there. If I can't get a ticket to the game I would go and tailgate in the UND tent and watch the game from the parking lot. Guessing they would fill up a tent pretty quickly. Maybe they could even ask BWW across the street if they could be the official UND hangout.

Although the manager at BWW would personally be 'OK' with your suggestion it could be bad for business.  However, in welcoming both fan bases the north BWW did add onto the west (1-2 years ago....) with an upstairs outside area and a 3-season type expansion below to accommodate overflows for such events.

ESPN said last year that NDSU got another gameday because they earned it, which is pretty hard to argue. If ESPN wants to give NDSU another gameday, this would be a perfect time to do it. I will probably be in Fargo that weekend anyway, but if gameday is there, I'll definitely make it.

Alabama and Ole Miss play on the 19th.  Could be pretty hard to compete with that.