SiouxSports.com Forum

MacMillan to have surgery, listed as 'out indefinitely'

rhenry8439

I heard that diagnosis before making it out of the arena that night after the game. Maybe you and I had the same nightmare? Or, that was early speculation/suspicion that came through a channel each of us would normally put some stock in...

I'll take "The Latter" for $1000.

Many posters(you know who you are) like to have the recognition of being the "first" to know something without having credible sources, it's a huge part of what I hate about the media in the current times. They want to be first but being correct comes a distant second. 

Now, I know this is a message board and we aren't held to these jounalistic standards but I hate seeing people state something as fact when they do not in fact have a legitimate source.  The story generally goes they heard through a friend who's uncle had a rental that belonged to the player's best buddy. Or they are flat out lying and want attention.

No offense Scorpio, but you have 77 posts on this site and I've never heard a peep from you until now.  Now if it was from MM, Oxbow etc. I'd put more faith in this claim.

why shouldn't we be held to higher standards? no matter how many posts you may or may not have, rumors are still rumors....

I heard that diagnosis before making it out of the arena that night after the game.  Maybe you and I had the same nightmare?  Or, that was early speculation/suspicion that came through a channel each of us would normally put some stock in...

who did you hear that diagnosis before leaving the arena that night? i bet people were assuming that was the injury and we all know what happens when people assume things.... 

Someone is a little hurt I didn't include them in my EXAMPLES of 2 people IMO have credibility... don't worry OTH, you were part of the etc.

I don't remember using the words "annointed few" or even suggesting that but maybe I blacked out? Putting more stock into some who I know has provided credible information in the past= annointed few, got it.

Please continue to take my words out of context and run with it!

My point was just because someone has only a few posts, doesn't mean they don't have accurate info. Honestly, I couldn't care less if you think I have credibility or not. This is a Internet forum that should be taken with a grain of salt. The way I look at this message board is 50% of the stuff spewed on here has substance and/or entertainment value, the other 50% is bickering and mind-numbing bantering.

Guess we should just ban injury updates on this message board lol. Obviously does zero good for anyone. People come here looking for info and then complain....

I just think people want info that is corroborated. I don't doubt that any of you have people that you know and have talked to about this, but I'd like to know who they are before I trust that source. Nothing personal against anyone, at least for me. 

I just think people want info that is corroborated. I don't doubt that any of you have people that you know and have talked to about this, but I'd like to know who they are before I trust that source. Nothing personal against anyone, at least for me. 

A lot of people would probably rather not name names on a message board, I wouldn't. As you see how tight lipped they like to keep these injuries. Just a guess

A lot of people would probably rather not name names on a message board, I wouldn't. As you see how tight lipped they like to keep these injuries. Just a guess

No def nothing personal, just see a lot of complaining on here, was mostly joking. Every thread has probably a great deal of that

Exactly so, what I think should happen is that unless we can prove it, we should say we know something. None of us can tell who actually does know something, so all we are gonna do is speculate and argue.

This thread is depressing, time to shut er down n focus on the weekend series.

Completely and 100% agree ha.

Many posters(you know who you are) like to have the recognition of being the "first" to know something without having credible sources, it's a huge part of what I hate about the media in the current times. They want to be first but being correct comes a distant second.

Now, I know this is a message board and we aren't held to these jounalistic standards but I hate seeing people state something as fact when they do not in fact have a legitimate source. The story generally goes they heard through a friend who's uncle had a rental that belonged to the player's best buddy. Or they are flat out lying and want attention.

No offense Scorpio, but you have 77 posts on this site and I've never heard a peep from you until now. Now if it was from MM, Oxbow etc. I'd put more faith in this claim.

Or GFHockey

who did you hear that diagnosis before leaving the arena that night? i bet people were assuming that was the injury and we all know what happens when people assume things.... 

See below

This is why I didn't mention anything until now, when it's being widely discussed.  I can't prove the information, so it's only as good as how much I trust the source.

You can discredit posters, anoint others, measure dicks by post counts, shut the thread down, whatever. Mark Mac's collegiate career is over, and it's a shame. That's the facts.

I'm still waiting to see proof of this "fact" .... *pokes bear* ;)

Many posters(you know who you are) like to have the recognition of being the "first" to know something without having credible sources, it's a huge part of what I hate about the media in the current times. They want to be first but being correct comes a distant second.

Now, I know this is a message board and we aren't held to these jounalistic standards but I hate seeing people state something as fact when they do not in fact have a legitimate source. The story generally goes they heard through a friend who's uncle had a rental that belonged to the player's best buddy. Or they are flat out lying and want attention.

No offense Scorpio, but you have 77 posts on this site and I've never heard a peep from you until now. Now if it was from MM, Oxbow etc. I'd put more faith in this claim.

Looks like you're getting skewered over this post, IHTINB, but I totally see your point. While I think Scorpio has good intel in this matter and have no reason to doubt it, this whole board would have a much different opinion if the news "reporter" was Mariucci or DrunkHockeyGuy.

FWIW, my keen insight usually only pertains to obscure 1980's music and hair bands.

Looks like you're getting skewered over this post, IHTINB, but I totally see your point. While I think Scorpio has good intel in this matter and have no reason to doubt it, this whole board would have a much different opinion if the news "reporter" was Mariucci or DrunkHockeyGuy.

is DHG even allowed to still post here?

How dare you make such a claim without a link with Hak or Mac coming out and stating this information? :-)

Again, it's not that some of us don't believe people have inside sources, many clearly do in a small and tight-knit town like GF. The problem is, there are several on here that don't have sources and make the others seem less credible. Know what I'm saying? It's hard to believe anything but what is coming out from UND.