SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. SCSU - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

The coaches may go with the player they feel most comfortable with, in terms of effort, keeping it simple, getting the puck deep ... Panzarella.

He's moved up before right? Can't remember the year but thought he did. He simo and Olson are are two way guys if need be. Hak has some combos to figure out. Go Sioux!

This makes sense, he has played both forward and def.  Senior leadership?

Wouldn't Olson and Simo get a chance well before Panz?  Also, I think I would give Murphy a chance again before Panz at F....unless it's strictly a bottom six role.

Wouldn't Olson and Simo get a chance well before Panz? Also, I think I would give Murphy a chance again before Panz at F....unless it's strictly a bottom six role.

I would think panz would be in before murphy if it came to that at this point and sample size. I'm guessing simo and Olson get a game in Oxford. maybe both sat if a guy or two needs a game off to heal if they grab that point Friday. Zane won't sit until he's hopefuly kicking back in a lazy boy in mid April with that natty

Wouldn't Olson and Simo get a chance well before Panz?  Also, I think I would give Murphy a chance again before Panz at F....unless it's strictly a bottom six role.

If MacMillan ends up being out I would be shocked if it wasn't either Simonson or Olson who get into the lineup.

If MacMillan ends up being out I would be shocked if it wasn't either Simonson or Olson who get into the lineup.

Yeah. This whole discussion is depressing. I feel really bad for Mac, guy just can't dodge the injury bug. Trying not to be too negative but this one is a big loss. As a hawks fan I know the Kane loss will certainly end their season early, most likely. Trying to stay positive with our boys but it will be tough sledding from here on out if the rumor is true.

I'm with ya! Panz is a option at least came to that only. Feel super bad for mac but this team can keep it rollin!

The 2005 team lost guy after guy down the stretch (including Murray and Bina), was even more shorthanded than the Mario team that won the Final Five, and still romped to the title game.  It's about the collective belief Pattyn talked about being present at that Final Five game.  If Mac is in fact out, that is terrible for him, but the team can overcome it.  There are no excuses at this point.

• Upvote 1

The 2005 team lost guy after guy down the stretch (including Murray and Bina), was even more shorthanded than the Mario team that won the Final Five, and still romped to the title game. It's about the collective belief Pattyn talked about being present at that Final Five game. If Mac is in fact out, that is terrible for him, but the team can overcome it. There are no excuses at this point.

Yeah I was at the 05 title game. That team didn't overcome those losses. We just need to hope this is one big rumor.

MacMillan did try and take a shift a while after the injury.  He got off the bench skated maybe two strides and came back.  It put us in a bit of a disarray as only 4 players were then on the ice.  I figured at time they must've only suspected bruise to let him back out.

My only thought was if it was something serious they would have taken him to the hospital. They would take the X-rays at the rink and if something looked odd he would head to the hospital. Looks like the official announcement comes tomorrow.

I feel sorry for those who could not attend last night's game. The team absolutely laid it all out on the ice, every player. While the plays may not always have been there, that was a full 60 minute effort. It was a pleasure to watch. Thank you Fighting Sioux.

And for those who left the game early, I never could understand that mentality. Last night was a classic and you chose to leave.

I love this. All of it

If Mac is out, move Nick to line 1, put olson on wing with pattyn centering and st clair on other? I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn, but I just took a nap

Hak might need a few Naps the next few weeks

I agree, how is that not called, it was the focus of everyone

When I saw him do that on a faceoff, my first thought was "I'd like to see this kid's ACT score."   

LJ is a fine player who brings a lot to the team, but some guys just have a problem figuring some things out.