SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Southern Utah

bincitysioux

UND now 4-13. And while a person could emphasize the fact that a lot of the losses have been pretty close, conversely you could also say that of the four wins, only one of which would UND likely have much of a chance if the game were to be replayed today, and that's the home win over Idaho St. And even that's probably not better than 50-50.

Shields only played a couple of minutes.   ???? ????

Agree, curious indeed. Thur night he came in and put up I believe a quick 6 pts, scoring inside and medium/outside range. Looked sharp. Then he leaves and believe he never got back in at all for the 2nd half. Today he didn't see many minutes at all. Jones' substitutions really baffles me sometimes.

I liked what I saw from Cashman in this game. I have been liking what he provides a lot more than Shanks lately. Better rebounder and does not seem to force his offensive game nearly as much as Shanks does.

I have to agree as Cashman is much more physical and shoots a much higher percentage.  With what we will have at the 1 thru 4 next year if we have a post that can score around 8-9 points a game and play physically on the defensive end and rebound is all we should need.

I liked what I saw from Cashman in this game. I have been liking what he provides a lot more than Shanks lately. Better rebounder and does not seem to force his offensive game nearly as much as Shanks does.

You read my mind, thinking exact same thing the past few weeks. Shanks seems to get a bit excited and also looks to lack confidence at times, which negatively effects his play I think. I still like his future though.

We may not win many games, or have any pride, or play hard, but at least we've got a great coach.....

.....and don't forget, these are 18-23 year old student-athletes who are here to graduate and have fun playing a kid's game in the process, so it doesn't really matter how many games we win or don't win. :silly:

It is amazing what our fan base will tolerate and consider acceptable compared to 15 years ago.

• Upvote 1

You read my mind, thinking exact same thing the past few weeks. Shanks seems to get a bit excited and also looks to lack confidence at times, which negatively effects his play I think. I still like his future though.

I agree completely about Shanks. Should be very good down the road. Has a nice shot. Hasn't made many threes this year but clearly is capable of making them. He should watch Frank the Tank and model his game after his. Probably not quite as agile and mobile but both can stretch the floor.

.....and don't forget, these are 18-23 year old student-athletes who are here to graduate and have fun playing a kid's game in the process, so it doesn't really matter how many games we win or don't win. :silly:

It is amazing what our fan base will tolerate and consider acceptable compared to 15 years ago.

Your last statement is very true!