SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Montana

bincitysioux

North Dakota

8-14, 4-7 Big Sky, #251 RPI

vs.

Montana

12-10, 8-3 Big Sky, #198 RPI

If UND is going to be in the Big Sky tourney, they need this one.  They have made some improvements since they first matched up with Montana, Shanks has gotten his legs underneath him, Hooker has been solid. 

We need to defend home court in this one, anything less than a sweep is unacceptable.  Splitting does nothing and losing both pretty much will end any serious hopes of getting in. (we would need to win out, which would mean sweep 3 out of 5 on the road, including UNC, SAC and PSU).

This is a must win as well as Saturday.  Looking at the remaining schedule after these 2 games and I would say we are favored in only 1 of the remaining games ( Southern Utah).   If we win both games this week and beat Southern Utah and the remaining games play out as they should we end up 7-11.  I don't see us beating Portland St, Sac St. and N. Colorado on the road.  Then the only other game at home besides S. Utah is N. Arizona and I don't see us beating them.  We must steal at least a game against these other teams to have a chance to make the post season.  With what Idaho has remaining also we could sneak in with only 7 wins however.  7 now may be the number but 8 I believe gets us in.

Q continues to amaze with his passing and vision.

Really excited about a Shanks/Shields/Cashman rotation the next few years. Shields really seems to attack rebounds, just needs to put on some pounds.

Need to put together a little run here and tie it up.

Refs seeing some interesting things no one else seems to be able to see.