SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota v. Montana

bincitysioux

If you'd have told me before the season that UND would be sitting in 9th place, I would not have been particularly surprised, and truth be told, probably not all that disappointed given the personnel losses from last season. But now, I can't seem to shake the feeling that this team is underachieving. 

• Upvote 1

Games like this are why I watch from couch rather than make the drive 70 miles north.

Expanding on this, the attendance/atmosphere was horse !@#$ tonight. UND basketball deserves way better and Grand Forks is very very capable of doing so; however, need wins and less of this hockey-only bullsh*t attitude. No reason vs Montana that the Betty should be like that, oh, other than the fact that this team is underachieving.

Sitting behind the und bench. Jones would be hard to play for. Very negative all the time with players and terrible body langeuage. Whiner.

Absolutely. The guy is not a motivator which is crucial. The guy really needs to be let loose. Faison can find someone way better out there for not much more in terms of salary.

Expanding on this, the attendance/atmosphere was horse !@#$. UND basketball deserves way better and Grand Forks is very very capable of doing so; however, need wins and less of this hockey-only bullsh*t attitude.

It ain't the hocky only bs attitude, it's the product on the floor.  Stop blaming hockey for mens bb problems.  If hockey went away, would that all of a sudden make Jones a better coach?  Mens bb did well alongside hockey when we fielded winners.

• Upvote 1

It ain't the hocky only bs attitude, it's the product on the floor. Stop blaming hockey for mens bb problems. If hockey went away, would that all of a sudden make Jones a better coach? Mens bb did well alongside hockey when we fielded winners.

I'd say I mentioned wins, if you would read carefully. In recent years, hockey has contributed to poor crowds to a degree also, whether you like it or not. Bottom line: the leadership of the basketball program is not right.

It ain't the hocky only bs attitude, it's the product on the floor. Stop blaming hockey for mens bb problems. If hockey went away, would that all of a sudden make Jones a better coach? Mens bb did well alongside hockey when we fielded winners.

Agree with this. It is very difficult to get excited about the type of basketball Jones has us playing. Montana played a much cleaner and fundamentally sound game. It was a close game and one we could've won because we had the better athletes. If we had average to above average coaching, we win this game.

Jones has to be the most unlikeable coach I have ever seen. From his handshake flyby's not saying a word to anyone to his stomping and pouting. Just tough to buy in.

I noticed he didn't say a word during the handshakes, I'm sorry but what a jerk. It wasn't an ugly, thug like game so give Montana some credit by telling them good job. It's called sportsmanship.

Give Jones extension great job vs tough experienced team. Players love him as evidenced by very low transfer out rate. Lots of haters from NDSU on this board

I have cracked the code....hoopster is Saul Phillips!

Give Jones extension great job vs tough experienced team. Players love him as evidenced by very low transfer out rate. Lots of haters from NDSU on this board

Not sure what to make of this post - my first thought is you were being sarcastic (I hope this is true) - My second thought is that you are on drugs (or off your meds).  I hope this is not true.  My third thought is that you are BisonDan.

Agree with this. It is very difficult to get excited about the type of basketball Jones has us playing. Montana played a much cleaner and fundamentally sound game. It was a close game and one we could've won because we had the better athletes. If we had average to above average coaching, we win this game.

This was the same basic problem with Mussman.  Too much focus on athleticism and not enough on the intangibles when it comes to both recruiting and in-game management.

Wow, apparently I was at a different game tonight.  UND had many open shots in the 2nd half that they flat out missed- Coaching.   The offense worked to get open shots- they were just missed....but I know, everything is broken. Our half court D was really very good---not coaching.  We rebounded far better tonight than in other games--not coaching.  We also have some guys that just need to stop giving the ball away in certain spots of the floor- thats......wait for it........ coaching.  It led to easy hoops for Montana.    Yes, I know it must all be coaching instead of just some execution.  When they win...it's despite coaching when they lose- it's coaching.  When I wake up in the morning- its coaching, when I nearly got slid into the other day- its coaching. I finally figured out how this works. Its very easy. I feel better already. :silly: